[ 1 ] sunflower fields

The very first chapter of The Ripper is finally up. I couldn't wait to post it, since One Day will be ending next week, might as well start the new story now.

I hope you all enjoy this.

I am planning to update most of mystories today, or at least four of them. I don't want to fall behind on updates again.

Please don't forget to read, vote, comment & share!

xoxo,

Pornoskians

-

i.                  Sunflower Fields

Ashton seemed like the most normal of people.

Tall, tan, handsome, and with a gorgeous Australian accent and hazel eyes that seemed like endless pools of water.

But that was the thing about him; it was all a ruse. That was how he drew in his victims, every single one of them. None of them thought a person as charming and delightfully polite as was Ashton Irwin to be such a twisted person on the inside.

No one ever suspected him.

Having been recently caught after a stream of missing people and murders throughout Sydney, it was finally concluded that he had been the one responsible. It had taken the police almost a year of investigation to find the culprit, the mysterious man they nicknamed The Ripper for the gruesome way in which he seemed to have ripped his victims apart as if they were rag dolls.

His methods were reminiscent of the notorious British criminal of the nineteenth century and it was being said he was the Jack the Ripper of the twenty-first century and in reality—he was.

People feared this unknown monster who was loose in the streets of Sydney.

No one was safe—especially young women, who were amongst his main victims.

The population of Australia hoped for the death penalty when the nineteen year old lad was finally caught and protested in mass demonstrations when the young man was pronounced insane. What an easy escape—the people of Sydney thought—pleading insanity to escape the clutches of life in prison. But then again, anyone with a mind as twisted as The Ripper had to be at least partially insane. Right?

He was then shipped off to Sunflower Fields Mental Institution where he would spend the remainder of his life—or at least until his mental state became better.

She remembered clearly the first day he arrived at the hospital.

A white maximum security van parked in front of the hospital after having gone past the twenty feet concrete walls that were barb wired at the top in order to ensure the patients couldn’t leave, where Alice Jefferson stood waiting. She was only eighteen years old, but the hospital belonged to her family and Alice knew, since she was very young that what she wanted most in the world was to help the mentally disabled.

But when the two men in white uniforms stepped out of the van and opened the side door to reveal a handsome curly haired young man who didn’t look much older than her. Her blood ran cold in fear when she realized who he was…The Ripper, the notorious murderer of Sydney.

She was surprised, just as she was the first time, to see him so cool and composed, not at all like the majority of patients there.

He was constrained in a tight straight jacket and the two men reached to help him out, but he shook his head to stop them. Stepping out of the van all on his own, the first thing he did was stare right into Alice’s bright blue eyes. He was intimidating to her and she took a deep breath before forcing a smile onto her pink lips.

Taking one last look on the paper attached to her clipboard before putting it down, she said, “G’day Mr. Irwin, and welcome to Sunflower Fields.” She told him the phrase she uttered to every new patient.

“Where are all the sunflowers?” He asked sarcastically, a sly smirk appearing on his face.

She was taken by surprise at his question. No one ever asked a question like that. Most new comers were always too busy pleading to be let go, claiming they had no mental illness, yet seemingly at the brink of a mental breakdown. But this one didn’t have to say it, he appeared as lucid as a summer day. That was when Alice immediately knew he was different than all the other patients she had encountered here.

“Ah…well,” She began, “This place was built on a field of sunflowers, it doesn’t necessarily mean we have some now. But if you would like some, I’ll gladly go buy some for you right away.” She told him with a warm smile that tried to mask the fear she was feeling inside.

“So, what you’re trying to say is…” He narrowed his eyes at her as he put all the information together in his mind. Ashton’s way of deducing things was very much like something of a Sherlock Holmes mystery book. He could conclude all sorts of things from one minor detail, things no one else would have thought about. “Whoever built this place tore down a field of sunflowers? That’s just cruel, don’t you think?” He asked, his face looking now more amused. He shrugged his shoulders. “I guess I’m not the only criminal around here.”

“I suppose…” She found herself at a loss for words after that. “Although I wouldn’t be able to accurately answer that question, seeing as though I wasn’t alive in the late eighteen hundreds.”

She was extremely grateful when he decided to change the subject. He chuckled, “When were you born then? 1917? Because you talk like an old woman.” His face becoming serious again, he asked her, “But honestly…How old are you anyway? You seem too young to be a nurse here.”

“I volunteer here.” She responded simply.

“Why?” His questions seemed endless.

“Mr. Irwin,” Alice sighed. “I need to get you inside and set up in your new room. Would you please just sit in this chair and I’ll wheel you to your room?” She gestured with her gaze to the wheel chair in front of her.

The young man shook his head in defiance. “I’m a killer, not a fucking cripple.” He retorted. “I think I can walk to my room all on my own.” She found his dark humor to be of bad taste, but he seemed to find his comment very entertaining and clever.

She shook her head, smacking her lips together to form a thin white line. “Mr. Irwin, I insist. It is hospital policy and you must abide by the rules.”

“What? Are you afraid I’ll run away?” He mocked, his hazel eyes met her blue ones with no other emotion but boredom and a hint of amusement at being able to mess with her so easily. “Relax, babe! I wouldn’t last a day out there. Half this fucking world hates me and would rather see me dead. Don’t doubt that if I leave this hospital, I’m not surviving even one day. I’m thinking of this place as…my sanctuary.” He said to her with that confident smirk of his as he sat on the wheel chair.

Alice had just noticed the two men in the van hadn’t even waited to see if she needed any help with the new patient, no doubt they probably felt intimidated by him as well.

Standing directly in front of the young man who was now sitting in the chair, she leaned close to him in order to strap him in tightly. Then she wheeled the nineteen year old murderer into the old hospital which had been in Sydney since the late eighteen hundreds.