[ 20 ] his soul

[ 20 ] his soul

-

She led the visitors down the hallway past the reception desk. 

When they reached the door to his room, Alice pulled her keys from her white nurse's uniform pocket and singled out the correct one to open the door. Pushing the door open, they saw that Ashton lying in his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

His hazel eyes darted towards the door when he saw it open. "What's going on?" He asked full of curiosity when he saw the priest.

"We got someone to help us." Calum explained slowly.

Gesturing towards the door, she told them, "I'll be back in a minute. I need to go check up on Luke." But she actually wanted to check if he was even in his room.

The three nodded, but Ashton seemed concerned for her. Still, she left the room and walked down the hall to the last room, the one where her brother had spent so much time recovering. 

Her blue eyes peeked through the small window on the door to see has was there, fast asleep, but his clothes, hands, and face were splattered with blood. She gasped in shock, her hands fumbling to find her keys.

.

.

.

.

In Ashton's room, the priest set his small black bag next to the bed after pulling out a bible, a cricifix, and a bottle of holy water.

"You'll need to hold him down in case he starts thrashing." The man wearing a long black priest robe told Calum and Michael.

The two boys nodded and walked towards Ashton, each of them grabbing one of his arms to hold him down against his bed. Ashton was unsure whether their plan woud be efective or not. He asked them. "Are you sure this will work?"

"This is our last hope." Michael replied, "We don't know how else to help you."

"Hold his wrist out," The priest instructed, "The one that has the scar."

Calum turned Ashton's arm to expose the pentagram symbol carved into his skin. With both hands, pressing his entire weight onto Ashton, he held his arm in place. 

The priest grabbed his small bottle with a golden cross etched on it and sprayed some of it onto the hazel eyed boy's wrist. "The power of Christ compells thee." He repeated over and over. The instant the holy water touched Ashton's skin, a loud sizzling sound was heard in the room, the kind of sound heard when someone cooks meat on a barbeque. 

"Stop it!" Ashton cried out in pain, shutting his eyes tight. "It burns! Stop!"

He tried to wrench out of Calum and Michael's grip, but the two of them together were much stronger than Ashton.

But the priest continued pourinfg holy water on him while he read from his prayer book.

"Stop!" Ashton begged. "Please stop!"

"Its for your own good." Calum assured him. But it still hurt to see his brother in pain that way.

"Fuck!" He groaned, trying to bite back the pain. "I feel like you're burning my arm off!"

.

.

.

.

"Luke..." She called slowly from the door.

When his eyes opened up, she was relieved to see he was himself again, his ocean blue eyes stared back at her. 

He seemed to be unaware of his current situation and knowing Luke would never hurt her, she walked over to his side. Falling to her knees next to her, she said to him, "I was so worried about you."

"I'm fine." He assured her, sitting up. He looked down at his hands and blood stained clothes. "What happened to me?"

"I don't know." She told him, "You just disappeared earlier. Are you hurt?"

"How would I know, Alice?" He spat. "I don't remember anything."

Alice jumped, startled when she heard Ashton's screams of pain. Her first instinct was to go to him, but she also didn't want to leave Luke alone. When his screams continued, she got back on her feet, telling Luke, "I'll help you get cleaned up. But right now I have to go see if Ashton is okay."

.

.

.

.

She raced to Ashton's room after making sure she locked Luke's room with all the locks. What she saw when she arrived scared her speechless. 

The entire room was shaking violently, like there was an earthquake happening.

Calum and Michael were struggling to hold Ashton down while the priest used his prayer and holy water to get the demon out. She also heard a sizzling sound that came from the scar on his wrist which was drenched in holy water.

"Alice!" He called, his voice pained, "Help me!"

She took a step forward, but the priest stuck his arm out to stop her. "Don't."

"He's in pain." She told him.

"We need to get his soul back from the clutches of Satan." The priest said.

From besides the man dressed in priest robes, Alice watched the excorcism happen, hoping it would work. 

"It hurts!" Ashton cried out, sweat dripping down his face as all his thrashing began to tire him out.

"You can do this, mate." Michael encouraged, "You're strong."

"Fine," Ashton finally huffed, his chest rising and falling quickly. 

"Do you accept the mercy of the lord?" The priest asked.

Ashton shook his head, his facial expression full of pain. "Yes, yes. I accept, just fucking help me."

Alice noticed in the next second how Calum's eyes widened when he saw someone at the doorway. Before he even had a chance to warn them, Alice heard a loud cracking sound, followed by the priest falling to the ground next to her, lifeless.

She yelled in horror.

Suddenly, the room stopped shaking, but the hissing of Ashton's burning wrist continued.

A tall blonde, whose eyes were not ocean blue anymore, but rather a crimson red, said in a voice that wasnt his, "You can try all you want, but his soul belongs to me."

After saying those words, he blinked several times, his eyes turning blue again, and he fell to the ground beside Alice, losing consciousness.

-

HALLELUJAH MOMENT.

I UPDATED.

I'M NOT A PRIEST, SO I DON'T KNOW HOW AN EXCORCISM GOES, SO DON'T JUDGE MEEEEEEE. I DID MY BEST AND I THINK THAT IS WHAT MATTERS.

ANYWAY, THIS WAS PRETTY INTENSE.

I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THE CHAPTER.

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS STORY. I AM SO TOTALLY STOKED [THAT MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A TYPICAL CALIFORNIAN, LOL] TO SEE THIS STORY GET TO 40K+ READS. I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN. SO THANK YOU LOADS.

I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU.

I LOVEYOU.

-CLARY xx