[ 19 ] the other ripper

-

Ashton remained normal, at least as normal as he could get, over the course of nearly three weeks.

But there was another who was causing trouble at Sunflower Fields. And that was a blue eyed boy by the name of Luke Hemmings.

Seeing Alice with Ashton triggered a violent side to him that she had never seen before. It had become a daily thing for him to have arguments during group sessions with the other patients. In one instance, he had gone as far as stabbing one of them with a yellow wooden pencil.

It was like slowly, but surely, Luke was becoming the other Ripper.

As he had been left in solitary confinement until his behavior improved, Alice had volunteered to deliver his meals to him.

She opened the door to his room and looked at her brother with a smile.

"Hey, Lukey." She told him, walking over and setting the tray of food on his bedside table. 

He looked at the food with disgust. But said nothing of it, instead he asked her, "When are they gonna let me out of this fucking room? I'm going insane."

"Calm down," She said sweetly. "They'll let you out as soon as you promise to stop hurting the other patients."

"Its not my fault they're all idiots." He barked angrily.

"Luke," She said, "Breathe."

"And don't talk to me like I'm a child. I'm your boyfriend, not your son." He told her.

"I just want to help you." She murmured, feeling fear rising within her.

His eyes darkened little by little, but he fought it until his eyes became that same ocean blue color she remembered. "Leave me alone." He told her.

"But Luke-" She started.

"Go." He ordered. "I don't want to hurt you."

As his eyes began to turn crimson again, she turned on her heel and hurried out of the room, shutting the door and bolting the locks. Like that time with Ashton, she felt her heart speed up when she snuck a glance at the boy inside the maximum security room and noticed he was gone.

.

.

.

.

She spent several hours looking for Luke, but just as she suspected, he wasn't in the hospital.

She was on her way back to Ashton's room which was on the other side of the hospital and she needed to walk past reception to get there. Since it was after hours, the front desk was empty, but just as she passed it, she was startled by the phone ringing.

Alice almost decided not to answer it, but went back behind the desk to get it, since she figured it could be an emergency.

"Sunflower Fields Mental Hospital, this is Alice Jefferson, how may I help you?" She said into the phone.

"You finally answered." A male voice said from the other line, heaving a sigh of relief. "We've been trying to get a hold of you all day, but no one was answering the phone."

"Who is this?" She asked.

"Michael, Ashton's brother." He replied. "Calum and I ran away from home and have been hiding in an abandoned school building. But that's not why we called. Look we're at a public phone booth about two blocks away from the hospital. We found someone who might be able to help us with all of this. So we're gonna go over there. Deactivate the security alarms and let us in." 

"Right, okay." She told them. Remembering Luke was still out there, she asked, "Hey, by any chance, have you seen a blonde haired, blue eyed boy, about seventeen years old? He's wearing a white patient robe and a sky blue patient outfit."

"What?" He asked in confusion. "No, no. We haven't seen anyone. But we're on out way."

She hung up the phone and then ran to the glass double doors at the front of the hospital. Next to the doors, behind a small palm tree was a small combination triggered alarm that sealed the hospital shut every afternoon at six and wouldn't open again. That is unless someone knew the combination.

Of the hospital staff, no one knew it besides Alice and her parents.

She typed in the series of numbers 11191963AJ.

It was a few minutes, but soon Alice heard the automated voice saying, "Password accepted, now unlocking selected doors."

She waited for them at the entrance. 

Walking in through the front gates, in the middle of the night were two teenaged boys; one with pale ivory skin and the other with tanned skin. They were accompanied by a middle-ages man in a black robe who held a small book and little white container of holy water.

"You brought a priest?" She asked them as they got closer.

"Do you have a better idea?" Calum asked.

Alice sighed, "I hope this goes over well."

She gestured inside the dark hospital and the three followed her inside. Alice couldn't help but feel like something horrible was coming.

-

I KNOW I MADE THIS ONE PRETTY SHORT, BUT I PROMISE I WILL UPDATE AGAIN IN A COUPLE OF DAYS.

AND GUYS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY.

AND I'M REALLY GLAD YOU GUYS LIKE THIS STORY SO KEEP READING AND VOTING AND STUFF CAUSE IT KEEPS ME MOTIVATED, EVEN THOUGH IT MAY NOT SEEM LIKE IT CAUSE I'M A SHITTY UPDATER.

BTW, WE'RE JUST ABOUT 2/3 DONE WITH THIS STORY. 

ITS GONNA BE ABOUT 30 TOTAL CHAPTERS.

THANK YOU FOR READING.

I LOVE YOU.

-CLARY xx