[ 6 ] disappear

Just thought you'd all enjoy a new chapter of this today. 

Please don't forget to read, vote, comment & add to your reading list.

Thank you!

xoxo,

Pornoskians

-

vi. disappear

Alice gulped.

Shooting up from her spot on the bed next to him, she stuttered, “I-I should g-go now.”

A dark grin formed on his lips as he watched the nervous teenager rushing to the door to his room. “Don’t forget to check around every corner to see who might be lurking.” He laid back on his bed with a smug look on his face and raised his arms up to rest behind his head.

She left the room quickly when she couldn’t take it anymore. He didn’t get up to follow her. Through the small window on the door, she could see what he was doing. He was staring up at the ceiling absently. She grabbed the cold metal keys from her uniform pocket and bolted the three locks to make sure he wouldn’t be escaping tonight.

But when she looked through the window once more, her blood ran cold when she saw he was no longer there.

-

-

-

-

It was long past midnight when she went back to Luke’s room.

He had been trying to stay up, but was far too tired to wait any longer. He was just about fully asleep when the heavy door to his room was opened by a worried looking nurse.

“Did I wake you?” She frowned.

He shook his head quickly. “No. I was just...resting my eyes.” He told her.

“I’m so sorry, Lukey. I know I promised tonight was our night.” She apologized.

“Where have you been?” He asked her, clearly concerned about her.

She sighed, her eyes watering over with tears. Her feet rushed to close the space between them, her delicate hands grabbed his arms with a desperation that made him feel overprotective of her. His strong arms wrapped around her and she snuggled into his embrace. “I was with Ashton. He was telling me a story, but then I left because I was getting this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I was afraid, so I left. But then I looked inside his room and he was gone.”

“Did you leave the door open?” Luke asked, his eyes peeled in concern.

She shook her head. “I never left him out of my sight as I left the room. Only when I was locking it, but the door was already closed. I bolted all three locks, but when I looked up again he was gone.”

“Alice, this is bad.” He said.

“I know.” She whispered. “I’m worried about you. You’re my little brother.”

She always saw him as her little brother. When Luke was adopted, despite being a couple of months older than Alice, he was shorter than her. And since then, she always told people he was her little brother.