[ 24 ] fire

[ 24 ] fire

"No." Alice cried. Her voice shook as she told the unconscious boy, "You can't die. I won't let you die." Her cries were accompanied by the pained groans of the doctor she had shot when she came into the room.

She refused to let him go. Pulling away from him, she wiped the tears from her eyes and put her hands over his chest to perform CPR. 

Alice did that for a few minutes, fearing the worst, until his hazel eyes shot open. Ashton sucked in a deep breath and Alice felt as though a loa had been lifted off her chest. She threw her arms around him, her voice full of relief. "Oh, Ashton! I was so worried."

"What's going on?" He asked, disoriented.

"I thoght-" She began, her hold on him getting tighter. "I thought you would die."

She turned her attention towards the doorway when she heard the heavy breathing of her brother Luke. He was leaning against the threshold, watching them with his eyes narrowed into a glare. "He was supposed to die." The blue eyed boy hissed.

"What?" Alice breathed.

"I sacrificed myself, to have you distracted, so that he could die." Luke explained, pointing his index finger at Ashton. "Its time. He needs to die. Satan wants his soul now."

"You're helping him?" Ashton asked.

Luke let out a bone chilling laugh, shaking his head. "I am him."

"No." She shook her head in denial.

Straightening up now, it was like Luke didn't feel any pain. He could move normally again and he walked into the room, snatching the gun from Alice's hand. Pointing it at Ashton, he threatened. "He's going to die. Then you and I will be together for eternity."

Alice stood in front of Ashton protectively. "Please don't kill him." She begged. "I'll do anything if you'll spare his life." Ashton tried to protest, but Alice wouldn't let him speak.

Luke thought about the offer she made him. He knew there was a possiblity she would change her mind in the end. But he loved her and he thought he could always kill Ashton if she left him for the hazel eyed boy. He beckoned her over, saying, "Come with me, Alice. If you promise you'll always stay with me then I'll spare him."

"Yes." She quickly agreed. "Yes, I promise."

He gripped her arm firmly and led her out of the operation room. Ashton attempted to get up, but was too weak after the electroshock therapy.

"Alice..." He called her name, but she was gone.

.

.

.

.

Ashton stayed in the operating room with no energy to do anything. He had lost Alice and his only desire was to see her again. He didn't even know how much time had gone by until he heard a set of hurried footsteps running down the hallway.

He heard the voice of someone calling his name. "Ashton..."

It was Alice.

She peeked inside to make sure he was still in the operating room and walked inside when she saw him. Ashton thought Luke would be not far behind her, but he never came.

The blonde haired girl went over to his side, he cupped her face in his hands and he brought his lips to hers in a sweet passionate kiss. "I thought you were staying with him?" Ashton asked as the two pulled away breathlessly.