[ 9 ] the brothers

“And who might your brother be?”

“Ashton--Ashton Irwin.”

-

-

-

-

- 

Her blue eyes widened in surprise. “You two are siblings of…” She gulped nervously. “A-Ashton?”

She couldn’t believe what they were saying.

Besides the obvious differences in appearance, the two boys before her didn’t scare her like Ashton did. They seemed afraid, and awkward, while Ashton was the one instilling fear in her. They were complete opposites.

The raven haired boy with dark chocolate eyes sighed. “We’re not blood related. We lived in the same foster home for many years. But he is our brother. He is the only family Michael and I have.” He explained.

The other boy nodded in agreement, “Ashton is the only one who cares about us.”

At the mention of care, Alice felt intrigued.

Ashton never seemed to show any signs of care for anyone. But now, two boys showed up at the hospital claiming Ashton was a caring human being?

Alice could not picture Ashton as a caring brother.

Willing herself out of her negative thoughts about him, she preferred to think positively. Smiling at the two handsome young boys, she said, “I’ll take you to him if you want. Follow me please, boys.”

-

-

-

-

-

She opened the door to his room to find him already staring at her the moment the door was pushed past the threshold.

It made her nervous, the way those eyes seemed to stare down into her very soul.

A smile found its way onto his lips, a genuine one, not like mocking of playful ones she normally saw in him. His eyes fell upon the two tall teenage boys behind Alice. “Thank you for bringing my little brothers to me.” He told her. Again, something so out of character for him.

She nodded and swiftly left the room, knowing their conversation was going to be private.

The second she left the room, the atmosphere eased up between the three boys. “That girl is a nurse here? She looks way too young.” The raven haired boy asked his ‘brother’.

Ashton shook his head, “She’s not an actual nurse. She only volunteers.”

“Well, I wouldn’t mind being insane if she’ll be the one taking care of me.” Michael joked.

Bumping him on the shoulder playfully, Ashton replied, “Oi, I already claimed that one as mine. Find yourself another one.”

“Speaking of claim.” Calum said, his face going completely serious now, as well as the faces of his two brothers. “Lydia’s been acting really strange around Michael lately, just like she did with you. And...we know this year is his eighteenth birthday.” Lydia was their foster parent. She only seemed to care about the money she received and always had a strange behavior towards her 'children' when they were close to turning eighteen. Another strange thing she did was that she only took in male orphans.

“You need to get out of that house, Michael.” Ashton said with a sudden distraught emotion.

“What exactly did she do to you, brother? You never really told us.” Calum asked.

Ashton replied, “She offered my soul to Satan. And now I’ve lost my own fucking will, for the most part. She does it by performing a ritual and carving this,” He showed them his scar, “into your skin.”

“That’s why she gets foster children…” Michael reasoned, “She uses them as offerings.”

The curly haired boy nodded in agreement. “You have to get out of there before-” There was a shift in his eyes and they got significantly darker, almost like the color of blood. The words left his lips in a blood chilling manner. “You can’t escape it, Michael. So you may as well accept your destiny. Wherever you are, I’m taking your soul with me.” He reached out with surprising speed and grabbed onto his brother’s arm.

There was a slight sizzling sound heard throughout the room, followed by a cry of pain. “Ashton, let go.”

“Ashton?” He repeated with a laugh. “I’m not Ashton. I’m...The Ripper.”

“Let him go.” Calum warned, getting up from his seat slowly. But his heart was the complete opposite. It was beating madly. He eyed the red emergency button by the door. 

“Why don’t you go sit down and shut up?” He laughed once more, an invisible force pushed him to the other side of the room, and he finally let go of Michael’s arm. Michael examined it. The burn marked into his pale skin was not a hand mark. It was a pentagram. “That’s a little present from me to you.”

He blinked several times, the evil smirk wiping clear off his face.

“Boys, you need to get out of here. Don’t visit me anymore. I’ve been marked. I’m dangerous.” He told them.

Despite the love they had for their brother, their fear of The Ripper was greater.

The two boys nodded and left his room in a panic.

-

-

-

-

Alice had stopped the two boys as they tried to rush out of the hospital without being seen.

She saw the pentagram burn mark on Michael and gasped, “Did Ashton do that to you? How did he get a hold of fire?”

Michael nodded, “The Ripper did this to me.”

“What do you mean?” She asked, trying to get them to clarify.

“That pentagram scar on his wrist is the gateway Satan uses to get into his body. When the ripper is in him, he loses his will to do anything. Its like he’s sitting and watching himself do things. He isn’t himself anymore.” Calum explained.

“So…” She began, “Are you trying to say he’s possessed?”

-

I hope you guys liked this chapter. 

The other day, I bought a box of Dark Side Skittles cause I wanted to feel inspired to write this new chapter. Needless to say, it definitely worked.

I am now on Spring Break, so I will most likely be posting more often. For a week.

Anyway, please be awesome as you always are and read, vote, comment, and add to your list.

AND PLEASE HELP ME GET THIS STORY TO 2K READS. WE ARE SO VERY CLOSE. PLEASE HELP. I NEED SOMEBODY. HELP. NOT JUST ANYBODY. HELP. YOU KNOW I NEED MY READERS. HEEEEEEELP.

See what I did there?

Referenced a Beatles song ;)

Thank you!

xoxo

Pornoskians