13

Third Person's POV

The thunder roared and the lightning clashed as rain started pouring down on the island of Neverland. The lost boys gathered their supplies and belongings before they ran towards their sturdy tent trying to stay dry.

Josh sat on a log as the rain came pouring down on him mixing in with his tears. Petra went towards him making an umbrella appear as she held the stick keeping herself dry.

" You should come back with me to my tent. " , Petra suggested " Unless you would like to stay wet and enjoy the stormy weather. "

Josh looked up at Petra and then back down as he sighed.

" I don't mind staying out here..." , he answered quietly.

Petra frowned at his response.

" Josh...would you please come with me..." , Petra sighed

" So you can what? Yell at me or hurt me? No thanks! " , Josh huffed

" No...I just want to keep you dry too..." , Petra mumbled

" I would rather stay out here than to stay in the same room with a monster. " , Josh said.

Petra's heart stopped and dropped. Her head started to play back memories but she shook her head before she could remember. She looked down at the mud covered in little puddles.

" Then...I will leave you alone... " , she mumbled before she slowly walked away.

Josh looked up seeing Petra walk away towards the path to her tent. He sighed as he looked down before getting up and following her to get dry.

After a few minutes, Josh found Petra's tent and opened the flap as he locked it tight preventing the rain from slipping in. He turned his head to see Petra sitting against a wall as she turned towards the rain hitting on her window.

Her knees against her chest as she wrapped her arms around herself slightly shaking as she laid her head down. Josh saw a blanket nearby and placed it on Petra as he covered her gently. He grabbed a towel and dried himself off the best he could before he threw it somewhere in the room and sat across from Petra looking at the stormy weather.

Slience filled the room.

Petra wrapped the blanket around her as she laid her down shedding tears down her cheek looking away from Josh.

" Stormy weather we are having. " , Josh said interruptting the slience.

Petra didn't say anything.

He took a deep breath before he spoke again.

" Petra...I'm sorry...I didn't mean to call you such a mean name. " , Josh apologized

Petra still didn't say anything as more tears kept being replaced over and over.

Josh looked up as he scooted closer to Petra.

" Petra...Petra..." , he said as he gently shook her. " Please say something. "

Petra shook her head as she buried her face in her knees. Josh's heart shattered and it hurted him to see her like this. He rubbed her back gently and placed his head on her back as he wrapped his arms around her, but Petra only moved away.

" Petra please..." , Josh said with a trembling voice " Please don't push me away. Let me comfort you. "

" Nobody comforts me except Peter. " , she mumbled

" I will comfort you. " , Josh said as he scooted closer to her

" Who would want to comfort a monster? " , Petra asked quietly

" I would. " , Josh said " But I was wrong...you are everything but a monster. You are a beautiful and an amazing girl. "

" Really? " , Petra asked as she looked up

" Yes really. " , Josh nodded

Petra stayed quiet as Josh sat beside her and wrapped his arms around her wasit pulling her closer. He kissed her cheek making Petra's cheek flush red.

Josh grabbed Petra and sat her in front of him as Petra wrapped his arms around him and hugged him tightly burying her face in his chest. Josh smiled as he stroked her hair and hugged her back tightly.

There was nothing but the sound of rain dropping on the window.

A/N: Aweeee I had feels when I wrote this chapter. Now you see the sweet side of Petra. 😊🌸