18

Third Person's POV

It was another night in Neverland as the lost boys gathered around the campfire sharpening their weapons and talking. Petra sat on a log away from the others as she looked at the blazing fire that danced its flames in the center.

" What are you thinking about? " , Peter asked as he sat by her

" Many things. " , Petra shrugged

" Like what kind of things? " , Peter asked

" Like things that I am thinking about. " , Petra nodded

" Petra, don't twist your words. " , Peter huffed

" Well I didn't really twist them. I just went in different loops. " , she chuckled.

Peter put his arm around Petra pulling her closer as she laid her head on his shoulder.

" Come on Petra, I know there is something that you are thinking about. " , Peter said

" Okay okay, it's them. " , she sighed " Today I decided to go to their village to find ' their home '. Apparently, they are orphans who have been adopted by a couple. The couple who adopted them went on business trips so Josh and Iva were left alone. Which explains why they always roam around. "

" And your point is? " , Peter asked

" Peter, they stayed at the same orphanage that we stayed in..." , Petra sighed " And they got adopted to be part of an actual family. "

There was a moment of slience as a few tears slip down her cheek.

" The couple is coming back tomorrow and we have to bring them back. We can't keep them here..." , Petra said

Peter looked at the lost boys and motioned for them to leave as he held his sister tightly in his arms.

" Petra, it's only fair if they don't get to see their family then. If we didn't get adopted, then they don't deserve to see their adopted parents. " , Peter nodded

" No! It's only fair if we release them and allow them to leave so they can be with their adopted family. " , Petra agrued

" Life isn't fair! " , Peter snapped back " Life sucks and guess what? We have to deal with it! "

" Well maybe I don't want to deal with it! Maybe I want to have a normal teenager life! " , Petra stated

" We will never have a normal teenager life Petra! We aren't normal! " , Peter huffed

" I KNOW! " , Petra yelled as she stood up standing in front of Peter. " YOU KNOW I WISH THAT WE NEVER CAME HERE! I WISH THAT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE IN THIS NEVERLAND! I WISH THAT WE COULD HAVE A FAMILY AND BE LOVED FOR ONCE! "

" Petra...you are loved..." , Peter sighed

" By who? " , Petra asked crossing her arms

" Me. " , Peter said standing up facing her. " I love you. I love you because I love my little sister! Don't you get it Petra? I could care less about anyone else but you! You are the only reason why my dark heart is a pitch of light because you are the only person who truly loves me for who I am! I'm sorry if I couldn't provide the best I could for you. I'm sorry if I did a terrible job at being the older brother here. I could be sorry for so many things Petra, but I am not sorry for doing the best I can at protecting you! "

Slience filled up the space between them.

The fire continued burning as the sound of the breeze passed by. Petra noticed that Peter's eyes were dark green and he had furrowed eyebrows and clenched fists. Petra sighed as she walked up to Peter and slowly unclenched his fist. She held his hand and teleported them to Peter's treehouse.

Petra pointed towards the bed as Peter sat down and looked at the ground. Petra lifted his chin and placed a small smile on her face as she backed up.

She used her magic to make green sparkles flow all around as clouds formed playing memories from Petra's memories. There were many clouds, but Petra chose one specific cloud and used her magic to show Peter.

The cloud glowed a green as it played a flashback.

In the orphanage was little Petra who woke up from a nightmare breathing heavily. Tears began rolling down her cheeks as she whimpered.

Peter's bed was next to Petra's bed. The little boy woke up and got off his bed as he sat next to Petra and wrapped his little arms around his sister pulling her closer.

Petra turned around and buried her face in his chest as Peter rubbed her back gently.

" Another nightmare? " , Peter asked softly

Petra nodded.

" Oh Petra. You must not let fear control you. " , Peter said softly

" But it already has..." , Petra sniffled

" Not completely. " , Peter shook his head

" We will never get adopted Peter. It's been such a long time. Each day someone else gets adopted, but not us..." , Petra sighed " I will never know the feeling of what it's like to be loved. "

Peter pulled Petra closer as he kissed her forehead and rubbed her back.

" You are loved Petra. You are loved by me. " , Peter said gently " I will always love you no matter what little sister. "

Petra looked up to see Peter with a small smile as she smiled back.

" And I will always love you no matter what big brother. " , Petra said as she hugged Peter tightly in his arms.

A/N: Awee this is so adorable!