22

Third Person's POV

The curious pirate gasped and quickly closed the chest.

" You must really think that I am stupid. " , Petra chuckled towards the captain. " But I'm acually a lot smarter than you think. "

The captain crossed his arms and motioned for the scared pirate to go back where he stood. Petra used her magic to make the chest disappear but kept the floppy creature that hissed in annoyance and pain as she flopped around in place with her hands tied up.

" One thing you should know about your little captive is that she doesn't like pirates. " , Petra said crossing her arms.

" I know. " , the captain shrugged.

" So you basically tried to scare me with a mermaid? " , Petra said rolling her eyes. " Wrong move pirate. "

The lost boys came out of the woods surrounding the pirates and tied them up leaving the captain before Petra. Petra smirked as she made everyone around her disappear, including herself, to the beach.

( Meanwhile )

" Pan..." , Iva said softly. " Can I sit next to you? "
" Umm...sure. " , Peter said as he sharpened a stick

Iva sat on a log beside Peter watching the little fire flare in its place.

" Pan...I...um...I...wanted to...thank you for sparing my brother and I. " , Iva shuttered as she let it out.

Peter blew the scattered wooden pieces on his work as he looked at Iva who looked at him and then back down as she sighed.

" Don't mention it. " , he said before going back to sharpening the stick.

" Pan, I have a question. " , Iva said

" And I may have an answer. " , Peter stated with his thoughts growing in curiosity

" Do you love anyone? " , she asked shyly

" I love my sister. " , he simply stated

" Well that's not what I mean...I mean like do you have feelings for someone..." , Iva
explained her question

" Why? Do you have feelings for me? " , he asked with no emotion

" Well...I...um..." , she shuttered

" Don't. " , Peter said as he blew the wooden pieces off his work. " I'm not interested in that kind of feeling. The only love that I feel is towards my sister...no other girl. "

" Oh..." , she mumbled. " But why not try? "

" Because I would never put a girl first before my sister. " , Peter answered.

" You must really care about your sister. " , Iva nodded

" I do. " , Peter said.

" Is...is your sister...your weakness? " , Iva asked.

Peter looked towards her as his green eyes grew dark green.

" What kind of question is that? " , he spat out.

" Oh...um...okay...bad question. " , she shuttered quickly looking away.

" Look at me! " , he snapped lifting her chin towards him. " I asked you a question and I expect an answer. "

" Um...I just wanted to know..." , she quietly said.

" To know for what reason? " , he growled.

" I don't have one..." , she gulped.

He raised his arm with his hand as she looked away and whimpered before she felt nothing but his thumb wipe away her watery eyes.

" I wasn't going to hit you. " , Peter said. " I'm not that brutal. "

Iva turned her head towards Peter with his soft green eyes and a weak, fainted smile.

" I didn't mean to scare you. " , he mumbled

" It's okay, you were just being protective over your sister. " , Iva said

Peter held Iva's arm and pulled her into a hug. Iva smiled as she scented fresh pine cones and mint. Then she buried her face in Peter's shirt. Peter wrapped his arms around her and laid his head on the crook of her neck stroking her hair. Iva listened to his steady heartbeat and smiled gaining comfort from him.

A/N: I bet you he is the best hugger. I mean hugs are just the best! Am I right? * slience * Back to the story in the next chapter 😅💕