Chapter 1

Walking into the house Kol and I were sharing, I froze, feeling another presence. "Kol?" I called out. Nobody answered. I walked past the living room and the kitchen before stopping in front of the doors to the library. Pushing the doors open, my eyes swept the room, landing on the figure sitting in a chair next to a bookcase. He immediately stood up, hearing me gasp.

"Ellie," he breathed out, a smile lighting up his face.

"Nik." Rushing towards him, I jumped on him, wrapping my arms and legs around him, tightly. "God, I've missed you so much. I'm so glad you're okay," I mumbled, pressing my lips against his. He kissed me back, only stopping when I pulled away. "Wait, how did you find me?" Letting my feet drop to the ground, he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me in close.

"I called Kol," he admitted with a small shrug of his shoulder.

Moving my hand from around his neck, I punched him in the chest, "Why didn't you tell me about the plan you had worked out with Bonnie?! I thought you were gone forever! You have no idea how wrecked I was when Elijah told me you were dead."

"Well, I'm back now and I'm not going anywhere. Not without you by my side," he said, lifting his hand to push a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I love you so much," I whispered, leaning up to press another kiss to his lips. Pulling away, I laid my head against his chest. "Did she follow you?" I murmured, barely moving my lips. Feeling his head move up slightly, I lifted my head, looking up at him. "Are you hungry? There's some fresh blood in the kitchen." I went to turn away, but Nik's hand latched onto my wrist, pulling me back to him.

"I don't want blood. I want you," he mumbled, crashing his lips onto mine.

***

Two days later, I sat next to the fire in the living room, reading a book. Of course, I had read it a bunch of times, so I wasn't really paying attention. My mind kept wandering to other matters. My body stiffened, feeling a powerful aura enter the room. Kol and Nik had gone out, leaving me home alone, so I knew this wasn't one of them. "Hello, Elizabeth," a voice said from the entry way. My head snapped up as I looked over at my mother, slowly standing up. "I knew that friend of yours would lead me here. Of course, he's more than just a friend, isn't he? No, he's like the last one." I started to speak, but she quickly cut me off, "I thought you would have learned after the first time. You know what happens when you try to sneak around behind my back." My mouth ran dry, eyes widening as I thought about Nik being tortured like Henry had. "How long has this one been going on?" I stayed quiet, looking down. "How long?!"

Jumping slightly, I spoke quietly, "Almost a hundred years. We started sneaking around a couple of days after the ball."

She moved further into the room, "You know the punishment for lying to me." I took a few steps back, dropping the book. It landed with a thud.

"Mother, please –," my sentence was cut short as the back of her hand met my cheek.

"You know my rules."

"I'm done following your rules," I glared. Suddenly, Kol appeared behind her, pressing a needle into her neck. She gasped as her eyes rolled into the back of her head, her body going limp. As Kol caught her falling body, Nik wrapped his arms around me, tears filling my eyes. "I thought you were going to intervene sooner," I mumbled, holding onto my throbbing cheek.

"Sorry, my love. How's your cheek? Let me see." Nik moved my hand away from my face, gently moving his fingers across it. I winced, moving my face away. "That's going to bruise. Especially since you're still not healing like normal."

"Where do you want me to put her?" Kol asked, my mother's body thrown over his shoulder.

"Put her downstairs," I told him. "Make sure you tie her up tight." He nodded, exiting the room. Nik and I followed shortly after.

This is it guys! The first chapter of the new book! 

I was wanting to post it earlier, but I had to finish writing, editing, casting, finding the right pictures. Then as I was just about to post, the picture wouldn't work, so I had to find another way to get it and blah, blah, blah!

I know this chapter isn't too exciting, but there is more to come in the following weeks and I promise it will get better!

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017.