Chapter 19

We talked for a little while longer before Mayor Lockwood came over to steal Caroline away to announce the winner. "And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. Caroline, would you do the honors?" Mayor Lockwood moved to the side as Caroline stepped up to the microphone.

"This year's Miss Mystic Falls is...," she paused, reading the name on the envelope, "April Young." The crowd started clapping and cheering as April stepped forward to receive her award. As I clapped, I noticed Elena quickly run off stage, but decided to ignore it, not wanting to let anything ruin my time with Caroline. After April received her crown and sash, Caroline and I cut away from the crowd again, wandering through the yard. "Can I be honest with you, Caroline?"

"You know you can," she replied softly.

"Earlier, you asked me if I would ever take the cure and I told you that I hadn't really given much thought to being human again. Well, that wasn't exactly true. I have given it a lot of thought lately, you know, ever since I found out about it."

"You've thought about taking it?"

I nodded, "I want to. I plan to."

"Why?"

"It's the only way for Nik and me to start a family. We've been talking about it and the cure seems to be the only way to make me human again," I confessed.

"You would actually give up your immortality and your life as a vampire to be human so you can have children?" She asked incredulously.

"Yes, I would. I've wanted children for over a thousand years. I wanted them when I was with Henry, but then he – died. Then I met Nik and when I started falling for him, I knew I wanted to have children with him. We finally have a chance."

"Wow. That's great for you guys, it really is. I know you've loved him for a long time, so if this is what you want, then go for it. I just want you to make sure this is really what you want before you take the cure."

"It is. Nik and I both really want this."

"Then I'm happy for you."

"Thank you. Oh, and one more thing. Could you not tell anyone about this? Nik and I want to keep it a secret until we actually have the cure."

"My lips are sealed." She pretended to zip her lips closed, causing us both to chuckle.

Extremely short chapter, I apologize.

My  character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017.