Chapter 23

"How did it go?" I asked Nik as he walked into the kitchen.

"Could've been better," he confessed, taking the glass of blood from my hand and taking a sip. "I had to turn an entire bar full of people, compel them, and threaten Matt just to give Jeremy a little motivation."

"Did he end up killing any of them?" I followed as Nik left the kitchen, making his way out towards the foyer.

"A few, but not enough." There was a knock at the door and we both glanced at each other, confused. Most people who came over didn't bother knocking. I went over, answering it as another knock sounded.

"Elena, what a surprise."

"We need to talk," she stated, looking between the both of us. Letting her inside, the three of us made our way into the nearest living room.

"A bit ironic, you coming to me for help. Weren't your friends just trying to bury me in a cement tomb?" Nik reported, his voice calm but his eyes full of anger.

"This is your fault. You started this when you forced Jeremy to kill those vampires," Elena accused.

"And now my little brat of a brother has gone and made things worse. Well, he never did like Damon."

"He's not the only one," I muttered, receiving a glare from Elena.

"I suppose I should do something, shouldn't I?"

"Call him off, Klaus," she commanded.

"You are in no position to make demands, love. Whilst I'd like to cure you to make more hybrids, I do have other reasons for finding the cure," he admitted, reaching over and placing a hand on my knee. "Not the least of which is destroying it so you lot can't use it against me."

"Whatever our differences, we want the same thing. Please. Klaus, I'm begging you," Elena pleaded. Nik sighed before pulling out his phone.

"Little brother. Just two days home and I'm told you've already gone and made a mess."

"Come on, Nik. I was only having some fun," I heard Kol say from the other end.

"Those vampires were for my hunter."

"I'll make some more. There's no shortage of people."

"Where's Damon Salvatore?" I rolled my eyes. Kol could kill Damon for all I cared.

"I gave him a good and proper beating, just for old time's sake," Kol admitted and I could almost hear the smile on his face.

"Yes, well, you've had your fun. Now let him go and come home." I tensed slightly, hoping neither Nik nor Elena would notice. "Avoid any more trouble or you'll find yourself back in a box."

"Hey, no need to be nasty about it."

"On the contrary, I find nastiness to be essential whenever my siblings try to sabotage me. Listen closely, Kol. Stay away from the Gilbert boy. Understand?" Nik's voice turned deadly, his eyes hard.

"Fine. I won't touch him. You have my word." Kol hung up the phone and I looked over at Elena.

"There. Happy? Kol won't touch your brother," I told Elena, standing from my seat. She thanked Nik before quickly leaving the house. "Do you really think he'll do it?" I asked Nik, turning to look down at him. "Do you really think he'll leave this alone?"

"I guess we'll find out."

***

Hearing both Kol's and Rebekah's voice, Nik and I followed the sound. Turning the corner, I saw Kol with the white oak stake raised, ready to stab Rebekah with it. Nik sped over, pushing Kol away. "What the hell is going on?" I demanded, coming to a stop next to Rebekah. I avoided his eyes as Kol looked from me to Nik and then to Rebekah.

"Enough of this foolishness. Put it down, Kol." Without saying a word, Kol quickly left and I turned to Rebekah, seeing tears in her eyes.

"Are you alright?"

"He was going to kill me," she stated in disbelief.

"No, he wasn't. I wouldn't have let that happen," I reassured her.

"I think you need a lesson in how to properly dagger a sibling."

She glared at Nik, tears still in her eyes, "burn in hell." She too left, leaving Nik and I alone.

Shit's going down in the next chapter, so be ready for Friday's update :)

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017.