Chapter 2

Hearing a groan, the three of us quickly made our way over to the door of the cell my mother was in. "What did you do to me?" She asked, squinting against the light.

I slowly made my way into the cell, "We stuck an IV in your arm, so that there is a constant stream of Lobelia going inside of you, keeping you and your powers weak. You won't be able to hurt any of us while we get the answers we need."

Her eyes widened as I crossed my arms over my chest, "Lobelia?"

"Yes, Lobelia. It'll prevent you from using magic."

"Ellie says you've linked yourself to her, so clearly we can't use typical torture methods without hurting her as well. So why don't you make this easier for all of us and just give us the answers we want? How were you able to gain your power back so quickly?" Nik asked, circling my mother.

"If you think I'm going to answer that, you're sadly mistaken," my mother growled.

"Alright, well then how about this? How were you able to come back a thousand years after you died? There has to have been something that was able to help with the process. Or maybe someone?" She stayed quiet, staring at me. Following her gaze, my eyes landed on my daylight ring.

"This? This is how you were able to come back? My daylight ring?!" I slipped the ring off my finger, noticing that she slumped in her seat. Taking off the ring must have had an effect on her. "How? Tell me how you did it." She shook her head, so I reached out, my fingers tangling in her hair as I pulled her head back, causing her to gasp. My scalp tingled as I did so. "Tell me!"

"After I turned you, I knew you would be angry. So when I made the ring, I made sure to link myself to it. When you killed me, my spirit went into the ring and over time, I was able to build my strength up enough to get back into my body." I slowly released her hair from my grip, looking over at Nik and Kol with wide eyes. Kol quickly came over, injecting a sedative into the IV line. After he was done, he joined me and Nik out in the hallway, shutting the cell door behind him.

"So, she's not actually linked to your body, just to your ring?" Kol asked in a hushed whisper.

I shrugged, "I guess."

"But now that we know how she was able to come back, how do we get rid of her?" Nik asked, looking down at the ring in my hand.

"I don't know, but I have a feeling we're going to need a witch. Kol, gather the strongest witches you know. This isn't going to be an easy task." Nodding, he grabbed his phone from his pocket, walking away as he dialed a number.

***

Sitting on the couch in the living room, I stared at the roaring fire, lost in my own thoughts. I was brought back to reality when a hand ran through my hair. Looking over at Nik, I gave him a small smile, shifting so that I was leaning against his shoulder with his arm wrapped around me. We sat in silence and I had just closed my eyes, drifting off, when the front door slammed shut. Kol came into the room, followed by a young woman. "Nik, Ellie this is Martha. She's the strongest witch I know that lives in this area." Standing up, I held my hand out for the woman to shake. When Nik stood up, she eyed him warily.

"Don't worry. He's not going to hurt you. As long as you help us and do what we say, you'll stay safe," I reassured her. She nodded her head. "Follow me." Leading her down to the basement, I stopped in front of the door to my mother's cell. Martha looked through the bars in the door, seeing my unconscious mother slumped in her chair.

"Who is that?" She asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"That would be my mother. I killed her a thousand years ago, but she managed to link her spirit to my ring," I told her, pulling the ring out of my pocket for her to see. "Over time, she used my energy to grow stronger and get back into her own body. She's made my life a living hell and she must go. That's why you're here, to get rid of her."

"To get rid of her?"

"Is there some way you can break the connection she has with Ellie's ring so that we can kill her?" Kol spoke up.

She thought about it for a moment before speaking slowly, "Breaking the connection to your ring would be tough. Especially if the witch linked to it is powerful; she would try to fight me."

"Even if she's unconscious?" Nik asked from next to me.

"Yes, even then. Her spirit will fight me. There is one way I know of that would work. She wouldn't be able to stop me, but it would take some time."

"How long?"

"As long as she's kept unconscious, I should be able to get it done within the next few hours."

I nodded, "Alright. What do you need?"

"Your ring. And a quiet place to work." Handing the ring over, I led her back upstairs, showing her to the library. I quietly shut the doors, going back downstairs.

Chapter 2 is here!! (I feel like this is a crappy chapter, but it's your opinion that matters)

I've decided that instead of posting every other Friday, I'm going to post every other Monday AND Friday. I will be posting a schedule for the future updates.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017.