Chapter 5

Lying across the couch, I stared at the TV, watching old re-runs of 'Friends'. I heard a car door slam before the front door opened, then closed. Footsteps made their way over to me before Nik came into my line of sight. Sighing, he climbed on top of me and closed his eyes, resting his head in the crook of my neck. I groaned, feeling his full weight. "Nik, you're too heavy," I muttered and he readjusted his position, so that he was lying on his side, facing me. Turning around, I wrapped my arms around him as he buried his face in my neck again and I reached up, running my fingers through his hair. "I hate to tell you this, even though you just got comfortable, but you need to go."

"You want me to leave?" He muttered, pressing his lips against my neck gently.

"No, especially not if you're going to do that," I mumbled as his kisses became harder and his hands traveled up my shirt. Grabbing onto his hands, I moved back, so that I could see his face. "But you need to. The hunter put werewolf venom in the beer at your sister's party and Elena drank it. She needs your blood, Nik."

"Fine. I'll be back in a bit," he huffed, getting off the couch. "But you owe me."

"I know," I chuckled, meeting him halfway as he leaned down to kiss me. As he walked back out to his car, I went back to my original position on the couch, resuming where I left off on the show.

***

A few hours later, I heard the front door shut and a confused voice call out my name. The bedroom door opened behind me, but I didn't turn around. "What are you doing?" Nik asked as I folded a pair of jeans.

"Packing," I stated, going over to the closet to grab some more clothes.

"Yes, I see that. But why?"

"I have some werewolf business to take care of one state down."

"What kind of werewolf business?"

"My friend, Alice, and I were feeding off some locals about seven years back when two young werewolves found us. They didn't seem to like our choice in meal. Alice killed one of the boys, Jared. His friend, Daniel, got angry and couldn't control himself. He ended up killing Alice. I went to kill him, but I saw that he looked terrified. I told him that I would let him live as long as he promised to never kill another vampire. I got a call not long after you left from a contact of mine. Says he saw his friend get murdered by a werewolf. Guess who that werewolf was."

"Daniel," Nik said slowly and I nodded my head.

"Exactly. He broke his end of the deal, so I have to uphold mine," I explained, putting the last of the stuff I would need into my bag before zipping it up.

"I know that you never break your end of deals, but I don't think you should be going alone. Not into a werewolf's territory," Nik commented, crossing his arms across his chest.

"I'll be fine, Nik. He's a lone wolf, he has no pack. Not to mention, I'm way stronger and faster than he is. He couldn't hurt me if he tried."

"I still don't like you going by yourself," he muttered and I walked over, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I know you don't, but it'll only be for a couple of days. You won't even notice that I'm gone."

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to his body, "Yes, I will. I will definitely notice not having you lying next to me at night, keeping me company, and helping me with my evil plans." I chuckled, shaking my head.

"I think you can carry out your evil plans without me for a week," I commented, leaning up to press my lips to his. He quickly responded, kissing me back. "You know, I have some time to kill before I have to leave," I insinuated, hoping he would get the message. He raised an eyebrow, a smirk making its way onto his face as I took off my shirt and pulled him towards the bed. The back of my knees hit the mattress and I laid back, Nik climbing on top of me. I pressed my lips to his again as I reached down, grabbing the hem of his shirt and lifting it over his head. His lips slowly moved down my jaw to the curve in my neck. He paused there and I felt his teeth grow out, brushing against the skin. I knew what he wanted and even though the thought of blood-sharing scared me, I knew that I wanted it too. "Do it," I nodded.

"I'll be gentle. I promise," he mumbled against my neck. He slowly bit down, his teeth breaking the skin, and I gasped at the pain. As he started drinking, the pain subsided, turning to pleasure as I dug my fingernails into his back. The pleasure I got from this was different from anything I'd ever felt before and I let out a moan, loving the feeling. He pulled away too soon, licking the spot to get rid of any excess blood as the wound closed up.

"My turn," I smirked, rolling us over, so that I was straddling his hips. As I did, I felt a pain in my neck and I winced, touching the spot.

"Sorry, I can't exactly control the werewolf venom," Nik muttered, leaning up and brushing my hair back. "The pain will stop when you drink from me."

"Well then, I better get a move on," I told him, leaning forward and capturing his lips with mine. I followed the same path Nik had gone, kissing down his jaw to his neck. Letting my teeth grow out, I sunk them into his flesh, letting his blood flow into my mouth. I'd drunk from him before, but this time it was different. His blood tasted sweeter than it ever had and I gripped his shoulder tight, pulling him closer as I took more. I heard him groan as his grip on my hips tightened. The pain in my neck slowly turned into a dull ache and I let my teeth change back, licking the last of the blood away. As I pulled away, I looked up at Nik, knowing things had just changed between us. He leaned in, pressed his lips to mine, and rolled us over again. As he started taking off the rest of my clothes, I tangled my fingers in his hair, knowing that we were closer than we ever had been.

Oh snap! They be sharin' blood! 

Shit's about to go down! But...you'll have to wait for the next chapter to find out what's gonna happen :D

Anyone here planning on going to San Diego Comic Con this summer? Or have been to SDCC in the past?

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017.