Chapter 9

Sitting up in bed, I stretched my arms out, looking over at Nik, who was still asleep. Slowly getting out of bed, I made my way over to the bathroom, shutting the door before turning on the light, so as not to wake Nik. Pulling Nik's t-shirt over my head, I looked down at the wound on my side. It had healed completely, leaving only dried blood and tiny pink scars where the teeth had dug in. Slipping my underwear off, my fingers traced the scars from the scratch. Shaking my head, I moved over to the shower, turning on the hot water. Steam filled the air as I stepped in, relishing in the warmth. Closing my eyes, I let the water run down my body, washing away the dried blood. A hand was placed on my waist, the other pulling my wet hair away as kisses were littered down my neck and onto my shoulder. Leaning my head back, it came to rest on Nik's bare chest. I let out a contented sigh, feeling Nik's hands start to massage my hips. "How are you feeling today, kitten?" He asked, moving his hands up my arms.

"Better. My wounds have healed, thankfully. I'm just a little sore, but that should go away soon. It'll be nice to finally get out of that damn bed and back into the outside world. I've been held up in there for days, doing nothing. It was starting to drive me mad," I admitted.

"Don't worry, love, I won't make you stay in there any longer. I just wanted to make sure that your wounds were completely closed up before you went out and got yourself into any sort of trouble."

"Good, because if you had, I would've snapped your neck, just so I could get out and get some fresh air," I joked, turning around to face him. He put his arms around my waist, lacing his fingers together and resting them just above my butt as I wrapped mine around his neck, playing with his hair.

"Have I ever mentioned how much I love it when you do that?" He asked, practically moaning.

"There's no need to mention it, when I can feel it," I smirked. I loved seeing how much I drove him crazy. I loved knowing that one simple action could get him so turned on. Leaning down, Nik peppered kisses underneath my earlobe and along my jaw, muttering in between each kiss.

"You know, it's been more than a week since the last time we had sex. And almost two months since the last time we had shower sex."

I let out a laugh, "You're right. It has been a while since we've had shower sex. But come on, you can't go more than a week without sex?"

"Have you ever had sex with you?" Nik asked, pulling away from my skin. "It's amazing." Letting out another laugh, his lips covered mine as he lifted me up. Wrapping my legs tightly around his waist, he pushed me up against the cold wall as the water continued to pour down on us. Our moans mixed with the sound of the water as it slowly turned to cold and then started to feel like ice.

***

"So this is the hunter that you were telling me about. The one that's been causing so much trouble," I commented as I came to a stop in front of the hunter, who was chained up.

"Yes. And it looks like I'll have to beef up the hybrid security detail." Nik and I turned to see Stefan, who was leaning against a table.

"I was going to take him, but I figured you went through such trouble to truss him up in your red room of pain," Stefan said and I chuckled slightly.

"Trust me, it looks nothing like this. And besides, who said it was mine?" I sent Stefan a wink as he turned to look at me. "This contraption is from the Inquisition. I thought it was a nice touch."

"What did you get out of him?" Stefan asked, looking over at the hunter.

"Not enough. He's mum about the council fire and he's not saying anything about this greater evil we're all supposed to be shivering over. What brings you snooping?"

"Well, I can't say it in front of him. As I'm sure you've figured out, our friend here can't be compelled." I raised an eyebrow at Stefan's words, looking over at the hunter, who just glared at the three of us.

"You're full of mysteries, aren't you?" I asked, rhetorically, my curiosity growing.

"Like I said to your boyfriend over here, I don't know anything," he spat.

"Thankfully, I know plenty. Shall we?" Nik gestured towards the door, placing his hand on my lower back as I followed Stefan out of the room.

"So what's with the home invasion?" I asked, slowly lowering myself into a chair. My body was still sore from the werewolf attack. Stefan noticed my odd behavior, but seemed to brush it off, turning to look at Nik.

"Damon said you knew something about this guy. I should have figured you were up to something when you healed Elena from the werewolf poison without asking for anything in return."

Nik shrugged, "I was feeling benevolent." I rolled my eyes, knowing he only did it because I had told him to.

"You're never benevolent. Who is this guy? What's the Five?" Stefan questioned.

"So many questions," I commented.

"It's a good thing I have nothing to do today, except get answers out of you." Stefan plopped down in the chair beside mine, waiting.

"Fine. You might actually be useful in persuading my sister to cooperate. The Brotherhood of the Five was a group of highly skilled vampire hunters," Nik began to explain as he paced back and forth. This was the first time I'd heard about any of this, so I made sure to pay close attention. "We crossed paths with them in the twelfth century. Italy. My siblings and I had followed the Normans as they conquered the South. Feeding, turning people as we went. But with the bloodshed came exposure."

"So these hunters have been around for nine hundred years?" Stefan asked as Nik took a seat on the couch opposite us.

"Apparently. Though our friend in the other room is the first I've seen since then. It kind of makes you wonder what they've been up to all these years."

"And Rebekah had a thing with one of them?" I asked, wondering why she had never told me about this.

"Oh, she didn't just have a thing, kitten. She fell in love with him. He told her all his secrets. Which I will gladly share with you, Stefan. Provided you do one thing for me."

"And what's that?" Stefan asked. By the look on his face, I could tell he knew there was a catch.

"Get Rebekah over here. She's being stubborn. And hateful. I need to make peace with her. I want her to give me some very important information about the hunter, which she won't do unless she believes we've made up," Nik explained, getting to his feet.

Stefan followed suit, "And what's in it for me?"

"Just get her over here and I'll tell you. Oh, and Stefan, trust me when I say this: that hunter in there holds the answer to all your prayers." Stefan looked from Nik over to the door where the hunter was being held, eyebrows furrowed.

Hope you all enjoyed :)

Spring Break is over for me, so I'm back at classes. The updates may be coming later in the day now, but fret not, they will come.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017.