Protective

Basically just a description of how Newt is very protective of you

When you and Newt became an official couple, you quickly noticed something.

Newt was very protective of you.

Whenever a guy would attempt to flirt with you in public, it seemed Newt would notice instantly and would be at your side in a heartbeat. And whenever a girl would attempt to flirt with him, you would tell them off pretty quickly and easily. Like the time a no-maj woman with the odd foreign-sounding name of Bevin Mercer was clearly drunk and tried to get Newt to take her home; but she was wearing a lot of shiny and dangly jewelry, so the Niffler took care of the situation.

Queenie adored Newt's protectiveness of you. She would always read his mind when a guy other than him was speaking to you in public. His thoughts got Queenie all giddy and happy, causing everyone around to stare. But Queenie is Queenie, so she didn't mind. She would later tell you of Newt's thoughts, such as:

"That bloody bastard is too close to Y/N."

"That man better not lay a finger on her."

"She's blushing. Oh Merlin's beard she's blushing at him! I will get Dougal to go throw some rocks at that no-maj."

"THAT'S MY Y/N! SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND! NO ONE ELSE'S! HE'D BETTER STAY AWAY FROM HER!"

(^isnt he just an angel)

When you and Newt went on walks around Central Park together, he would always keep his hand in yours. The same goes for the winter even if he forgot gloves. If you weren't holding hands, you both had an arm wrapped tightly around the other's waist so your sides were pressed directly against each other. Newt believed this kept other men from thinking twice about you.

There eventually came a day when you decided to ask Newt exactly why he was so protective of you. He looked at you with an adorable shy smile, walked over to you, and wrapped his arms around your waist and said:

"I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep you safe, darling. I don't know what I would do with myself if you got hurt. You mean the world to me, Y/N."

You grinned. "I love you."

He pulled you into a hug and nuzzled his nose into your hair. "I love you too."