Animagi

So, I saw somewhere that the animal of your patronus is also likely to be your animagus

P/A: Patronus animal

You were an animagi. The idea of being able to transform into an animal was a dream for you, so you went through with the tasks required to become an animagi a little after you had graduated Hogwarts. Your animagus was a P/A, the same as your patronus.

You met Newt Scamander while you were at the Ministry of Magic legally registering to become an animagi (Unlike the Marauders). Newt was there to update the Department of the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures on his discoveries so far. You overheard a bit about his case full of magical creatures, and on his way out you stopped him to ask him about it. Flushed, Newt told you a little about his creatures. But you wanted to know more. So you pulled him to a nearby bench and began asking dozens of questions.

Newt was utterly thrilled someone had taken a fascination with his creatures and beasts.

**Month Later**

Ever since then, you had been travelling with Newt as kind of a co-author of his upcoming book. You would edit and fix his mistakes after he had written a chapter when he was clearly far too tired to think straight. Having an extra hand that could also turn into an animal was just what Newt needed. He loved having you there to help him out with the creatures. Oh, forgot to mention that he was completely smitten with you.

After roughly three months of this, Newt finally mustered up the courage to quietly and sweetly ask you out on a date. Of course you said yes. How could anyone pass on that adorable blushy face? Pretty soon you two became an official couple. Kissing, cuddling, and all.

Your daily routine was typically the same. Wake up, feed the creatures, feed yourself, relax, feed the creatures, eat dinner, go to bed. After you had eaten breakfast, you and Newt were quietly sitting in the workshop part of Newt's case. Newt was doodling creatures on a scrap piece of paper he found, while you were reading a book.

Newt was lost in his thoughts, and for some reason he began wondering if you had ever experienced people ridiculing you for your animagus abilities.

"Hey, Y/N?" he said, setting down his pencil and turning to face you.

You looked up from your book and smiled. "Yes?"

"Have you ever... uh..." He drifted off.

"Newt? Are you okay?"

Newt snapped back into reality. "What? Oh, yes I'm perfectly fine. I was just curious if... has anyone ever made fun of you for being an animagi?"

You frowned, but then thought for a moment. "Not that I can recall... I'm quite proud of my abilities, really."

Newt grinned. "I'm glad to hear that. You're truly amazing, you know that?"

You reached a hand across the small room and ruffled Newt's curly hair. "Only because you tell me everyday."

"Because you are," Newt replied, taking your hand in his and pressing a kiss to the back of it.

"Aw, you're very sweet."

Newt fake-groaned. "You tell me that everyday," he said, imitating you.

You chuckled. "Because you are! My little sweetheart," you said cutely yet a bit mockingly and leaned in quickly to peck his lips.

Newt flashed a smile. "I know."