"She's a No-Maj?" (one of my favorites)

One thing was vastly different about you. Something MACUSA would not allow, but of course something Queenie would love and support.

You were a muggle. (Or, No-Maj in American terms).

You were indeed from Britain, so you and Newt's relationship was legal there. But Newt decided he absolutely couldn't survive in America without knowing you were with him, and your relationship became illegal as soon as Newt stepped off the boat with you in his case.

Yes, once Newt knew about the law in America that says a wizard cannot be in a romantic relationship with a No-Maj, he knew it was not safe for you to be seen with him; and told you it was best to stay in the case for now. You knew it was for the best too, so you did so without protest.

When Graves confiscated Newt's case at MACUSA, he became a nervous wreck. When Tina thought Newt was quietly weeping in the corner of the cell because of his creatures, it was actually (mostly, anyway. We all know Noot loves his creatures too, but not as much as you) because he was terrified of the thought of you getting discovered and obliviated so you would not remember him.

Newt couldn't picture a world without you.

After that whole messy situation, and Newt saw the love Jacob and Queenie shared, he realized there was no reason to keep you hidden from them anymore. He carefully explained it to Tina, Queenie, and Jacob. Queenie and Jacob were very excited to meet you, but law-abiding Tina was a tad hesitant.

As Newt was about to climb down into his case to bring you up, Tina began to speak. "Newt, you've been keeping a No-Maj girl in your case? And you brought her to America? And, even worse, you're a couple!?"

Newt looked up at her. "Yes. I love her. Her name's Y/N, by the way. Her and I both knew the risk we were taking when we came to America, but that didn't prevent us from coming, did it?"

Tina nodded and sighed. "Newt. It's illegal."

Newt looked at Tina with a 'seriously' face. "Tina. Look behind you."

Tina looked behind her and saw Queenie standing with Jacob. Oh, right. Her sister fell in love with a No-Maj. "I know..." but she had clearly forgotten. "But, that doesn't give you an excuse to why you have kept her hidden from us this entire time."

"I'm sorry, Tina, but after you turned me and my creatures and Jacob into MACUSA where my creatures could have been killed and Y/N could have been obliviated, you didn't seem like someone I trust and could show my muggle girlfriend too." (I had to throw some sassy™ Newt in there)

Tina's eyes widened and she frowned.

"I'm afraid he's got you there, Teenie. Now come on Newt! I want to meet your lovely Y/N," Queenie said excitedly.

Newt smiled and went down into his case.

**A few minutes later**

Newt got back out of the case, and stuck down a hand to help you up. "Everyone, this is Y/N. My love."

You stepped out of the case and observed your surroundings. You haven't seen the real world since you had arrived in New York.

You grinned at everyone. "Hello, everyone." You walked over to Queenie and stuck out a hand. "You must be Queenie. Just as gorgeous as Newt has described."

She giggled and shook your hand. "Aw, thanks sweetie. Newt's quite the lucky man to have a girl such as you."

You went to Jacob. "Ah, and your my fellow muggle. Or, No-Maj. Jacob, isn't it? I remember hearing you with Newt in the case."

He smiled and also shook your hand. "Yeah, I am. It's nice to meet you, Y/N."

You approached Tina. "And you're Tina, if I'm not mistaken."

She shook your hand with less enthusiasm as Queenie or Jacob. "Yes. I must ask, why did you come with Newt all the way to America when you knew the risk you were taking?"

You glanced back at Newt.

"She asked me the same thing, love."

You turned back to Tina as Newt came up behind you and placed an arm around your waist. "Because we love each other. More than anything. Newt here can hardly stand being apart from me for a day, and the same goes for me. I was willing to come to America because he needs more help with his creatures than you might think. We prefer to be only a moment away from each other. Not an ocean." (Hamilton reference *wink*)

Tina's stern look softened when she saw the way Newt looked at you as you spoke. She realized you and Newt truly loved each other and needed each other. "I guess if my sister can have a No-Maj boyfriend, I suppose Newt can have a No-Maj girlfriend. I'm sorry if I seemed rude at first..."

You smiled sympathetically. "It's fine."

Newt suddenly pulled you in for a kiss, which you gladly responded to but pulled away rather quickly.

They all laughed.

"Newt! Don't start snogging with me in front of them! I thought you had manners," you joked and kissed his nose.