Don't Worry Darling

You and your long-term boyfriend Newt were walking down the streets of New York hand-in-hand enjoying the wonderful scenery. You were talking about your years together at Hogwarts.

"Do you remember that time a wild owl flew into the Great Hall during dinner and it started wreaking havoc, but then you stood on the Hufflepuff table and managed to catch it with your hand?" you asked Newt,smiling at the thought.

He laughed. "Of course I do, I used a transfiguration spell and temporarily turned it into a goblet so I could catch it."

"What about the time when I found out you had a crush on me?" He turned a deep shade of red, making you giggle. "Ohhh come on, you remember in potions in sixth year when we were brewing Amortentia and yours smelled like me?"

He was still blushing. "Of course I do... the professor asked me what mine smelled like. F/S, F/S, and F/s. I knew it smelled like you, but of course I didn't say that. But your friend William did. He said it to the whole class... w-which is when they started chanting at me to ask you out on a date... but instead--"

"I walked right up to you and kissed you."

"That you did. They all erupted in cheers, even the professor!"

You laughed, resting your head on Newt's shoulder. "Ah, you were so adorable and shy around me back then."

He grinned. "I never thought you would love me."

"Newt! Don't say that. You were the kindest boy I had ever met in my entire life. I remember how you would leave a rose and a love note on my bed sometimes. Wait... how did you manage to get into the girls' dormitory?"

He shrugged. "Apparently the stairs find me trustworthy."

You were about to say something else, but you started to zone out and accidentally bumped into a man walking the opposite direction.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, sir," you said, stopping in your tracks.

"It's fine miss... Y/N?" the man said, studying you.

"William?"

"Y/N, it is you!" he exclaimed, hugging you for a second. "Who's this?" he asked, gesturing to Newt.

You grabbed Newt's arm. "This is Newt. Newt Scamander, don't you remember him?"

"Ah, Newton. Yes I remember him. The boy who would always swoon over you at school?"
Newt blushed. "Really, William?" you said.

William laughed. "Sorry. It's good to see you both again. Are you... are you two still a couple?"

"Yes, you and Newt answered in unison.

William frowned. "Huh. I honestly thought you would have moved on by now, Y/N."

You knit your eyebrows. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Don't speak to Y/N that way," Newt said defensively.

William laughed again. "Sorry, I probably shouldn't have said that. You're a lucky man, Newt. To have someone such as Y/N by your side."

"I am," Newt replied, wrapping an arm around your waist.

"Well, William, we ought to be going now. It was... uh, nice to see you."

"Goodbye, dear. May our paths cross again," William said flirtatiously.

"Don't call me dear, you said annoyed, and began walking away from William with Newt right beside you.

"William always could be an idiot sometimes," you said to Newt, but he didn't reply.

"What's wrong, love?"

Newt spoke up a few seconds later. "Were you and William ever a uh... co--"
You cut him off. "A couple? Good heavens no!" you exclaimed as if it were the most outrageous thing you had ever heard. "Why would you ever think that?"
"It's just... he acted like he was in love you and that I didn't deserve you...," he trailed off.

"Newt, don't listen to a word that slimy git says. Me and William were 'friends' only

because our parents knew each other. He's just jealous that you and I have a successful and healthy relationship. Don't worry, darling. Never in my wildest dreams would I ever think of dating William."

He kissed your head and pulled you closer to him as you continued walking. "Good. Because if that bastard tried to win you from me, I would have drenched him in Erupment musk and set her after him."

"Aw, you're too sweet," you joked.

He smiled. "No man will ever steal you from me without a fight. You're mine."

"And I'm yours," you said, and kissed him sweetly.