Chapter 1

This book is currently being edited because I wrote this in 2014 and I was very new to the writing game. Enjoy though.

Malorie is played by Heather Sanders
*
Malorie S.

"You gone stop stealing my fries!" I said to my best friend Alana.

"Whatever hoe. These fries are life right now." She said.

I rolled my eyes. Me and Lana have been friends since birth basically. Our parents were good friends and it sort of just went together. She's basically the sister I've always wanted.

"Greedy ass." I mumbled.

"So. You excited for this concert tonight?" she cheesed.

"Not really. I mean it's just August we see him all the time." I said before making a left onto the highway.

"Nah, you see him all the time." she said. "You're honestly so lucky."

"It's not like he notices me. He walks in, smokes a little, writes, record songs and leaves. He's never even said one word to me. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know I exist." I replied.

"So you trying to tell me, you never speak to him Mal. Y'all see each other damn near everyday." she said.

This was true. I was a upcoming songwriter. My boss Rico insisted that I sit in the studio to examine the singers lifestyle or some shit like that. I will admit it's helped me become a better writer but I'm tired of the same thing. 6 months now and I still haven't wrote for a single famous person.

"No, Rico introduced us the 1st day and that's the only time I've spoken to him." I shrugged.

"Is he as fine in person as he is on camera?" she asked still eating my fries.

"Now I don't really like the dude, because of his stuck up attitude but I can't lie that nigga is definitely fine." I said smiling a little.

"I can only imagine. But you so caught up on Reggie. That's probably why you've never even talked to him." she said smirking.

Reggie was my little boo. Actually a little more than that. He was my baby, but we just weren't official. I don't even know why, we've been seeing each other for about 6 months now.

"I can't help it, it's like Reggie has a hold on me." I said smiling.

"Bet." she said. "All these niggas in Atlanta, yet you stuck on this clown. Do better Mal."

I rolled my eyes and stayed quiet. I was so tired of having this conversation with her.

She didn't like Reggie because she felt like he was playing me, but I honestly felt secure in my relationship with him.

*

"Does this look okay?" I asked standing in front of the mirror.