Chapter 50

A throwback of bae to brighten your day in MM. ☀️ lmfaooooo. Lul octagon head.
Enjoy the chappie y'all. 💘

August A.

"Bye y'all." I said waving to Malorie's parents as they left.

"Take care of my baby now." Ma April said.

I nodded and smiled as pops closed the door.

I looked over at Mal and smiled as she looked at me smirking.

"They really do like you. I don't know why you were scared to meet them." She said.

"You remember that?" I asked as my eyes sat low. I haven't really been sleeping , because I want to be here with Mal every step of the way.

She nodded. "I think my memory is atleast 83% there and the Doctor Holmes said most people only remember about 92% of the stuff that happens of their lifetime . So, I'm bout' there."

I smiled and nodded. "Thas' good ma. Crazy how you were supposed to be released today. But they don't want you to leave until your stable or some shit."

"I know. I'm stable as it gets. They act like I can't wash my ass and allat. I'm good man." She said rolling her eyes

I laughed and shook my head trying not to let my eyes close. I was so damn tired.

"You hungry ma?" I asked.

"No, but your sleepy Aug. Go home and get some rest." She said.

"I'm boolin' ma. I'm bool'. " I said sounding like YG causing her to laugh. She loved him and they way he talks.

"August , go home for a few hours . Please." She said.

"You sure you gone be okay?" I asked.

"Yes, now go." She said.

"How you not hungry and you only at twice today. You and Jalen usually eat 3 times before 2 o'clock." I said slipping in my suggested baby name.

"Jalen? I like that. Simple but cute." She said.

"I tried it. But back to the topic. I know yo' pregnant ass hungry." I said.

"I'm gonna' call Cierra to bring me some since she'll be here at 3:30." She said.

"You sure Mal.?" I asked.

"Yes nigga. Now go." She said.

I laughed. "Aight, love you." I said bending down and kissing her lips.

"Love you too." She smiled as I walked out the door.

-----

"Well, I don't know what to tell you Whitney. My fiancé was in the hospital and I had to go take care of her. My fans know wassup, they know I'm gone make it up." I said.

"I know August, it's not the fans though. It's Def Jam. They said specifically in the email, they're disappointed that you left without word and it's unacceptable , so they want to have a label meeting with you tomorrow at 3." She said.

I sighed. "They better not come at me with no bullshit because it's not my fault. I'm gone be here for my fiancé regardless."

"Just try to be calm and cool. As your manager, I'm asking you to please go in there without a attitude." She said.

"Aight man." I said.

"So I'll see tomorrow at 3. We're meeting in room 306." She said before hanging up the phone.

I didn't really care. If they wanted to release me, then they can do that cause it's 3 other labels out there begging for me. I love Def Jam to death but I want kiss no type of ass.