Chapter 38

Malorie S.

"Aight, see you tomorrow." I said as Trey pulled me into a hug.

"Okay, bye little one." He said patting my stomach. I laughed before sending him another wave and leaving.

I got in my car and went to McDonalds. But I had to go on the one all the way on the other side of town because there's way to many people at the new one and they always seem to spot me.

10 minutes later I pulled up to the drive thru, after the car in front of me pulled away I pulled up to order.

"Welcome to McDonalds, what would you like to order?" The voice said.

"Can I get a double fish, with cheese only, a large fry and some pickles separate. And add a large Tea too." I said.

"Will that be all mam'?" She asked.

"Add a double cheeseburger, only ketchup." I said.

"Your total will be $13.47, pull up to the next window." She said.

I eventually got my food and started eating my fries as I pulled out.

My phone rung throughout my car so I pressed the answer button and hit speaker.

"Hello?" I asked switching lanes.

"Hey beautiful." I heard August say.

"Hey daddy." I laughed.

"You tryna get yo' self in trouble." He said causing me to laugh. "How you feeling?"

"Fat." I said.

"Your barely showing yet." He said.

"Not because of my baby bump, but because I just brought up all of McDonalds." I said.

"Aweeee, pregnancy shit." He said.

"Hush, how was your 1st show last night?" I asked.

"It was bomb. Cincinnati shows major love." He said. "And stop chewing in my ear."

I laughed and ate the rest of the fry.

"Why you eating that greasy stuff anyway, didn't I tell you gr-"

"Greasy is not good , greens are." I said. "I know August, you've told me 5 million times."

He laughed.

"Well since you know that , stop eating so much greasy food. The baby gone come out addicted to grease. You want a little grease monkey? " He said.

I laughed and shook my head.

"No." I said.

"Okay then." He laughed."Look, I gotta go rehearse for the show tonight."

"Okay. Call me afterward if you can." I said.

"I will. Tell Mama T, I miss her." He said. "I love you."

"Okay, I love you too. Bye, and good luck."

"Thanks bae. Talk to you later." He said before hanging up.

I pressed the red button and sighed. I missed him already and he's only been goon a week. But I've been keeping myself busy with Chris and Trey.

I made my way into my house and immediately went to the McDonalds bag.

*

August A.

"Whitney, do I have a interview tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yea, 9:00 in the morning." She said.

I nodded before getting my hot tea out of the microwave, it helped loosen my voice.