Chapter 10

August P.O.V

After what happened at Whitney's I went straight home scared to face Mal. I ain't even do nothing, feel me? But I'm scared I'm gone lose her already.

I pulled up to my gate seeing Cam standing there as usual. I gave him a slight wave and went straight in..I saw Reek was there and that was good cause I seriously needed to vent.

I walked inside and seen my house was clean, like spotless which I hadn't even remembered seeing when I left.

"Aye bruh, guess what?" Reek said playing the PS4.

"Yea?" I asked plopping down in the other couch.

"Quees coming to the A" he said.

"Shit. Can't wait to see my yungin' " I said rolling up.

"Right. What you been up too?" he asked still engaged in the game.

"Man, I almost cheated on Mal today..I was bouta fuck up bad, with my manager.!" I said rubbing my hands over my face.

"Damn B. Yeen tell me Whitney was a freak." he said laughing.

"Man this ain't even funny." I said mean mugging him.

"Chill bruh." he said still laughing. "Look you ain't cheat, but you needa tell Mal cause she'll be mad if you don't. She'll understand."

"Yea. I'm gone tell her tonight. Were Lana at?" I asked.

"At her house. I'm heading there now." he said jumping off the couch.

"Aight, bye Bruh." I said doing our lil handshake and closing the door behind him.

After he left I took a shower , literally tryna scrub Whitney smell off me. Y'all ont even understand,  I was nervous. After hopping out my hour shower,  I threw on some oAdidas sweatpants and a matching hoodie before going across the street to Mal's house. I just walked in like regular but when I walked in the sight I seen was horrific. Mal was on the floor clutching her phone in her hands while crying hysterically.

"Bae, bae, what's wrong." I said sitting down and pulling her face into my chest.

All she said back was not understandable at all. She was crying so hard my hoodie was soaked in less than 5 minutes.

I picked her bridal style putting her into bed , before I slipped in myself. I pulled her closer to me letting her cry into my chest as I rubbed her back. I don't know why she was crying but I know it had to be very bad cause Mal doesn't like to cry in front of people. I figured that out.

After she cried her self to sleep, I slipped out her bed carefully . I went downstairs to get her phone, whatever happened on the phone is what caused all this.

I scrolled through her messages seeing lots of people I didn't know. She had a couple guys in there, who definitely tried to get with her. I went to he last message and it was from Kelly. It read: Call me.

That led me to her call log. I hesitated at 1st not really wanting to call Kelly. But I decided anything for my baby. I pressed they name waiting a few seconds before somebody answered.

"Mal?  Are you okay?" she asked.

"Umm it's August, her boyfriend. She's sleep but I just wanted to know what's going on." I said.

"Wait, August Alsina?" she asked.

"Yea. But that's not what's important right now." I said .

"Your right, your right. Well me and Mal's Grandma called me and said she was in the hospital. I rode down there not expecting nothing serious, but when I got there I was wrong. She was there crying her eyes out.  I asked the doctor what was up and he told me she has breast cancer." She said. By the end of the story she was crying and I felt my heart ache.