Chapter 15

Malorie P.O.V

"So whose Kaylin to you?" I asked.

"Oh Kay? That's been my bestfriend since 3rd grade." he said cranking up the car.

"Oh" I said scrolling through my Twitter feed.

"You got something you wanna say?" he asked.

"Not really. Just don't understand how you could give her a job, without even seeing if she could do it first." I said.

"I'll work it out somehow. I'll have somebody show her all the ropes." he said. "Can't have a friend without a job ."

"Her ass ain't looking hard enough." I mumbled.

"Huh?" he asked.

"Nothing." I said looking out the window.

I didn't wanna be the physco girlfriend whose telling her boyfriend not to be friends with somebody,  so I was gonna leave it alone. But if she does try something slick, on life that's her ass.

We pulled up to the house and got out seeing a chromed out all white Escalade. 

"Chandra's here." he smiled taking my hands in his and opening the door.

In less than 5 seconds his 3 little nieces came running up to him, jumping on him.

"Hey knuckleheads ." he said squatting down and pulling all 3 of them into a big hug.

"You the knucklehead!" Chay said.

"Right." Mya said.

"Look Uncle Aug, I lost my front tooth." Kay Kay said cheesing to show her now gapped teeth. "Tooth Fairy gone leave me $20."

I stood there smiling at how cute they were.

"You guys, this is my girlfriend Malorie." he said standing up with Mya on his back.

"She so pretty." Mya "whispered." causing me to laugh.

"Thanks." August said laughing.

" Hey Miss Malorie." Kay Kay said waving.

I noticed Chay had walked away going into another part of the house.

"Y'all go ahead and go to sleep and we'll chill tomorrow." He told Kay and Mya.

"Yes sir." Kay Kay said as they both left the living room.

"See I knew someone wasn't gonna like me." I said.

"Everybody love you Mal." he said kissing my forehead.

"Not Chay." I said.

"Don't take it personal ma, that's just Chay. She's the shy one of the group but she'll warm up to you." he said. That gave me a little reassurance. "Come on , you gotta meet Chandra."

He grabbed my hand as I followed him like a little lost puppy through the house.

"There they go now." his mama said pointing at us as we entered the kitchen.

"Hey, I'm Chandra." the pretty girl said.

I extended my hand only for it to be smacked away.

"No girl we hug in this family" she said laughing and pulling me into a hug. "I'm just glad August ole coconut head finally got him somebody else other than....Drea."

"I'm glad too. This gone be my wife one day. Mark my words." he said kissing my cheek.

"My baby boy finally grown up." his mama said. "Y'all make sure y'all meet me down here for breakfast..I'm going to sleep"