Chapter 18

Malorie P.O.V

"Mama I promise I'm alright." I said laughing.

"Aight. Tell August I said hey & call me later okay?" she said.

"Yes mam. I love you." I said

"I love you too." she said before hanging up.

I slid on my white sandals and grabbed my car keys.

"August" I said shaking his shoulder slightly. But this nigga was a heavy sleeper.

"Bae,  wake up." I said shaking him harder. He slightly lifted up and wiped just eyes, before stretching in and slinging his body to the side of the bed. He then got up without even acknowledging me and went into the bathroom. I was so confused right now. I watched him brush his teeth and then wipe his face with a rag.

"August!" I said.

"Oh, shit! Mal you stayed over?! I ain't even notice you!" He said.

"You at my house!  I was the one who woke you up!" I said.

He looked into plain space before laughing.

"It's because I'm so used to being alone in that big house, everything so routine now. I ont be paying attention." he said laughing.

"You sure don't." I said laughing too. "But I was letting you know, I'm gone to work."

"You look beautiful." he said smiling.

"Thanks"  I said smiling.

I did love my dress tho. I had just brought it last week while shopping with Ce.

"See you later though, I don't wanna be late on my 1st day." I said.

"Aight. But where my kiss?" he asked pouting.

I smiled and gave him a peck on the lips. He smacked his lips and snatched me back by my waist.

"Guh, I ain't gone see you all day. I better get more than that." he said.

I laughed and gave him another peck on the lips. "If you be good, tonight you'll get everything." I said winking and turning on my heels.

"I'll Be waiting." he said. "Be safe, I love you."

"I love you too bae." I said before making my way out the door.

I hopped in my Audi and pulled out going straight to Atlantic Sounds. When I got there I was greeted by the lady at the front desk.

"Hey,  Malorie Simmons. Right?" she asked with a smile.

"Yeah. That's me." I said smiling.

"Studio 2." she said pointing down a hallway.

I gave her a quick smile and walked down the hallway taking a deep breath. I walked in hearing Trey singing some song. I could tell it wasn't finished with the way his face showed uncertainty.

"Oh, Hey Malorie....glad to see you." a short white guy said. We were the same height lol.

"Hey. Glad to be here." I said shaking his hand.

Just then Trey came out the booth & sent me a quick smile.

"Hey" he said extending his hand.

"Hey." I said shaking it.

"So your this hit writer, huh?" he asked smirking.

"Something like that." I said.

"You kinda cocky,  I like that." he said smiling. "Lets put your skills to the test."