Chapter 28

August P.O.V

I walked into the kitchen and sighed a little bit. There wasn't shit to eat cause I can't cook, usually I have Malorie here but I fucked up.

I sat down at my kitchen table and realized I was really lonely. Ever since last night with Mal my head ain't straight. I never imagined life being this way.

♪♪Mama said stay out of trouble,Mama said don't be a fool, Mama said stay in somebody's church, Mama said boy stay in school, Mama told me I better get home, before the street lights come on, Mama, always use to cry when I left her, Maybe cause daddy was gone,I still remember the lessons my mama taught me, But now it's my turn to show you how far they brought me
Mama I made it, ahhhh yeaaah♪♪

"Hello?" I answered knowing it was mama.

"Hey baby." she said.

"Hey ma." I sighed.

"You don't sound to good." she said.

"I'm cool. How you doing?" I asked.

"Good. Where my daughter at?" she asked referring to Mal.

"I don't even know." I said truthfully.

"Don't y'all live across the street from each, and y'all engaged? How can you not know?" she asked.

"Cause I f-messed up ma." I said.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Well my label wants to build my publicity by fake dating Nicki Minaj an-"

"That big booty rapping girl.?" she asked.

"Yeah ma." I said. "Malorie been stressed lately and she been trying to work with me and this situation but she couldn't do it forever especially since Nicki lowkey really does have a crush on me. So last night I told Malorie I'd be home at 10 but ended up coming home a little after two. When I got there she had something very special waiting for me and I missed it. She was so mad with me that she gave the ring back and said she needed a break. Ma I ain't cried since Mel funeral but last night I couldn't help it. I literally lost my everything and it's my fault." I said shaking my head..

"If only I could smack yo ass through the phone." she sighed.

"Ma!" I said.

"What?  you deserve it..You better go try to find her and make things right. Don't let fame take away from who you really are August. I taught you that." she said.

"Yes mam." I said.

"I gotta go. My lul boo coming over." she said.

"Yo lul what?!" I asked.

"August you are not my daddy. Travis met him and they like each other." she said.

"Mama when I get down there I'm meeting this nigga and I ain't going easy." I scoffed. "And tell Travis to call me, I ain't talked to my own blood brother in 3 weeks."

"Shame. Okay. Love you son." she said.

"I love you too." I said before hanging up.

I knew exactly what I had to do.

*

I hopped out of my Range Rover and took a deep breath just hoping this was the right decision. I walked into the building after Security checks and was greeted by a receptionist.

"Hey Mr. Alsina." she smiled brightly. "Who are you meeting with.?"

"Terra Smith, Def Jam label president." I said.