Four - The New Student

Okay. She had to go into the main hall with Pablo, Gregorio and Antonio to announce the Studio's collaboration with U-Mix. Then she had to teach a few classes and after that she would go home to have dinner with her beautiful niece. With a pencil in her one hand, she ticked off the name of every student she saw walking into the hall. She knew Violetta was there. She was so excited for the announcement! Francesca, Camila, León, Naty and Ludmila were there too. Federico followed along behind Ludmila. Tick, tick, tick!

Angie raised her eye line. No one was in front of her. No one was calling her. Why did she feel like someone was there? She shook her head and walked a few steps, plunging her head into  the clipboard. Unable to shake the weird sensation she turned.

German.

What could German possibly want from her now? She was in work. Dealing with her professional life. She didn't have time for brothers in law who were unreliable once they found out that they were closer to them than they originally bargained for! Why was he here? He looked like he wanted to walk away by he didn't. He stayed rooted in his place.

Hm, ironic, like most of his morals and emotions.

Finally, after an unnamable silence, he spoke, "Angie. I wanted to let you know that you have to come to the house. Now." He said curtly.

"Why?" She answered him.

"You're coming to the house because you have to." In a moody huff he stamped off. He swung the door shut and left the air tense.

Trying her best to shrug off German's strange and awkward conversation, more like confrontation, with her, Angie paced herself into the hall. The students were chattering and the teachers were smiling at them while working out their new groups. They had to audition again to be considered for the second U-Mix annual show.

Every student was ticked off of her list. Except one. He would be revealed to the students as their newest team mate. He should be arriving soon. She asked Pablo if everything was set up. He said that it was. A thumbs up emoticon lit up her phone screen as he told her that he was on his way to the Studio. Pablo announced the Studio's collaboration with U-Mix and everyone cheered. Gregorio then told them about how the name would be changing. What would it be changing to? Studio On Beat. There were various murmurs of agreement and wonder. The students seemed really happy with the impending new identity of the Studio. They had always been so collaborative.

Angie smiled to herself as another text lit up her screen:

'I'm standing behind the doors. Nice decor you guys have here!'

He was ready to meet his new friends.

Antonio hushed everyone and handed over to Pablo. Pablo told everyone that there was another announcement to be announced. Everyone was literally on the edge of their seats.

"I wonder who it is!" Fran clamoured.

"I know! Me too! Dibs on showing them around first!" Violetta chimed.

Angie said about how a new addition would help strengthen their teamwork and everything and how they would all do their best to make him fit in.

Ooh! A him! It'd be nice to have a friend, you know, who's a boy. Fran thought.

They had heard all this when Federico joined the team. They told them that he was from Italy and that he was a successful pop star, which he was. Oh my God, was this new guy famous? That would be so awesome!

She turned to Violetta and they smiled knowingly at each other with a little anticipation. Everyone collectively held their breath as the sliding doors were opened.

"Everyone, let's welcome Diego!" Cheers and applause filled the room.

"Cool!"

"A new guy for our band!" The boys were stoked.

Violetta and Francesca breathed out in disbelief. They snuck a glance at each other, "No. Freaking. Way."