Seven - The Other Woman

They were all sat around the table waiting peacefully in their bubble of silence. The food hadn't been brought out yet and no one was talking. Odd since there seemed to much to say...

The wooden doors slid open and Olga announced that the start was ready. Angie smiled civilly, having no idea how else to react. German and this new woman were making her really uneasy.

Violetta clasped her hands together and looked to her father. He smiled, subdued, and his eyes darted to Angie.

He wondered whether to talk about that moment in the kitchen. Whether he should bring it up now. Not now now, of course, he had company! If he did, he would talk to her alone. After she was gone...

The last soup was placed on the table and they all began to eat. German looked at his glass. He took its stem in his hand. Briefly, he picked it up off the table. Soon, he put it back down realising that he hadn't made his little speech yet.

Ramallo and Olga glanced at each other. German was acting awfully strange. He hadn't touched his favourite soup and no one had spoken a word!

The woman sat next to German carefully eyed the woman sat opposite her. She had well conditioned blonde hair that was tousled into lengthy waves. She raised her brow. A woman with good hair was always enviable. She had a fair complexion and bright blue eyes. Oh, and she wore a bright yet classy coralish pink lipstick. At least she could rule out the possibility she was an ex of German's or something like that... She wished!

German's guest seemed quite well put together. Affluent like Jade but not as useless. Sorry Jade, but if you knew her, you knew that was true. She wore a white shirt with a crisp collar that had black lining on it by the buttons. She had matching trousers on also which you could tell were well tailored. Her hair was styled in a long bob. It was gently curled which complimented her facial structure. To top it off, she wore a nice black cardigan. Not too shabby.

Mr Castillo was ready to update his family on his newest endeavour: his love life. He raised his glass. "Everybody, this," he gestured to the lady sitting next to him, "This is Esmeralda. My girlfriend." Olga and Ramallo chuckled happily at news and Violetta cheered.

Ugh. The word 'girlfriend' made Angie want to be sick. It wasn't even six months ago that German kissed her. He told her he loved her. Didn't that mean anything to him? They were going to be together. She would have been his girlfriend but then he found out. He found out that she was Maria's sister. His sister-in-law. This Esmeralda hardly even knew him. She couldn't make him happy! She wouldn't last long in this house. He'll throw her out just like he did to Jade. He won't fall in love with her. She may be his 'girlfriend' but the most he can do is just about like her. Love was unacceptable. No one in the house had even seen her face until tonight! At least she was part of the family. At least Olga, Ramallo and Violetta cared for her? Did they even care for Esmeralda? Probably not.

"Excuse me." Angie got up from the table. She felt like she wanted to punch something yet at the same time all she wanted to do was cry. Stupid emotions.

Esmeralda grinned wickedly. She couldn't put her finger on it, but Angie was close to German. Did she love him? Maybe. Was she part of this family? It seemed so, but maybe more than she knew. German hadn't told her too much. Her life in this house would be fun trying to figure out Angie's relationships with everyone.

Once she had said her goodbyes and gone back to the hotel, she would inform Jade and Matias of her work. She had been welcomed into the family. It was here her work started towards her, well, their, goal. Esmeralda took a sip of champagne, enjoying the attention that she got from her new found role.