Sixteen - On My Way

Violetta went to call her father. She couldn't find her sheet music and she had been called to the Studio. She'd hunted up and down the house. Just to make sure she wasn't already looking at it, she checked her room again.

Suddenly, she heard the sound of lips parting. How could anyone be kissing? Olga and Ramallo weren't together and her dad -

She looked up to see Esmeralda's face very close to her dad's. Were they? No. They couldn't. They shouldn't!!

Breaking Violetta's unknown presence in the room, Olga paraded in and waved the paper in front of Violetta. "I heard you needed these."

She smiled awkwardly. "Yes, yes I did. Thank you Olga." Hastily, she grabbed them, made sure that she had her bag slung around her torso and headed for the door. Without saying a word to her father.

Once she was outside the door, Violetta took out her phone and started to dial the most important number in her phone: Angie's. Angie needed to know what her father was doing. What they did, technically... She needed more of a reason to hate Esmeralda than she already did. She tried to deny that she hated her, but she was in love with her dad, so she hated Esmeralda because she was getting in the way of her being with him.

No answer. She tried again.

While simultaneously phoning and walking, she bumped into the girls. They asked her what was up. She seemed so focused, and they couldn't tell if it was in a good way. Violetta barely answered them. She was so intent on getting whoever was on the other end of the line to answer. Camila thought she had said Angie's name once but that couldn't have been true. She couldn't be mad with Angie. She loved her! Maybe it was her dad. That was more likely. However she'd never tried this hard to contact him. Okay, that was harsh.

By this time, Violetta had called this person a grand total of six times. Six! That's desperate, even for her.

Once again they tried to ask her what was going on, her phone rang. Finally, they could talk to her after this call!

"Angie!" Violetta exclaimed.

"Told you it was her." Camila said dryly to Francesca. She nudged her shoulder.

"What's wrong Vilu? It's an emergency! Where are you? The Studio?"

She had to know, but it had to be between them. No one else could know. It was their secret.

"Don't come to the Studio, I can tell you now."

"No, Violetta. I'm coming to the Studio."

It wasn't that hard. Just tell her what you saw. "Dad kissed Esmeralda."

Francesca and Camila's mouths dropped open. They looked like goldfish.

There was silence on the other end of the line. "Good."

Good? She seriously can't be happy about this. "Angie, he KISSED her!!"

Angie replied, "Yes I heard Violetta."

She was stunned, "Wow, I thought you'd be -"

"I don't care Violetta." And then, the call ended.

She had to care. She had to. Angie and her dad were meant to be together. They needed to be together. He didn't want Esmeralda. He wanted her. He just couldn't, wouldn't, admit it! It was times like this when she hated how cowardly her father would be.

Now it was up to her to fix it and show them how much they needed each other.