The City that we Loved

We're the Originals.  The Original Vampires.  We've been alive since the 10th century.  I've been frozen at 17 since then.  

I'm Tessalynn.  Tessalynn Mikaelson.  I'm the youngest in my family after our brother Henrik. Elijah's the oldest,  then Finn, who died.  Then comes Niklaus, then Kol, then Rebekah, then me.  After Henrik died after being slaughtered by werewolves living among us in the Old World, our mother Esther, a very powerful witch, did a spell to turn us all into vampires.  So we could live forever.  And that's what we did.

 But Niklaus is our half brother.  Our mother had had an affair with another man.  A werewolf, to be exact.  So magic made Klaus a vampire, but he was born a vampire, but he was born a werewolf.   So he was a hybrid.  Half vampire, half werewolf.  Our real father, Mikael, was angry at our mother's secret so he killed her, shortly after we all turned.   Kol left, Finn fled.  So Elijah, Nik, Rebekah, and I were the only ones left.  So we made a pact.  To always have each others backs, no matter what.  Family came above all.   We've been through hell and back, but we always stuck together as one.  Always and forever

                                                                                             *

New Orleans, Late 1700's

We all followed the wagon carrying the coffin.  The governor of Lousiana's son, Emil, was in there.  This was his funeral procession.  My lace veil kept the dust out of my face, but it got all over our shoes and the hems of me and Rebekah's dresses.  Suddenly, we heard the sound of a whip and a boy yellling. Nik stopped short while the rest of the procession went on.  Nik turned.  A slave boy was being whipped by a master on a horse.  Nik pulled out his gun and walked over to them.  "Niklaus." Elijah started.  Then, Nik shot the man on the horse.  The slave boy didn't even look scared.  Nik knelt down to face him.  "What is your name?"  He asked.  "Don't got one." The boy answered.  "My mama wouldn't name me in case I got the fever, but then she got it."  "Well, how about Marcelles?"   Nik asked the boy.  "Marcelles?"  Nik nodded.  "it means god of war, and you certainly are a fighter."  The boy smiled and Klaus helped him up.  I looked at Rebekah, then Elijah.  "What's the meaning of this?"  I asked.  Elijah kept looking at Klaus.  "Maybe there is hope for our brother after all."  He answered shortly. 

                                                                                              *

                                                               And that was how we met Marcel.

                                                                                               *

New Orleans, Present Time 

I stared up at the big white house with pillars.  "This is where we're staying?" Rebekah asked.  Klaus unlocked the tall wooden door.   "Why of course we are Rebekah.  It's our city, our home."  Klaus was right.  We did live here once.  Right after we founded the city of New Orleans in the lat 1700's.  That's right.  Nobody else.  Us.   After Klaus saved Marcel, he bought a house.  This one.  Marcel, Rebekah, Elijah, Nik and I all lived here for many years.  Rebekah and Marcel ended up falling in love, and Klaus didn't like that.  So he daggered Rebekah for 52 years and after months of begging, finally turned Marcel.   And then we left New Orleans without looking back.  But a couple weeks ago, Klaus found out that Marcel has taken over the city, killing witches that dared to practice magic in the French Quarter, and having an army full of vampires, the Daywalkers and the Nightwalkers.  Klaus wanted to rule again.  So here we were.  

"This house brings back so many bad memories."  Rebekah said quietly.  Nik opened the door.  The house smelt musty and the furniture was covered with dusty sheets.  "Well, I'm off.  I'll be home later.  I should deal with this little witch problem first."  And with that, Klaus left.  "This whole witch business has gotten Niklaus worked up."  Elijah said.  "I think I should take matters into my own hands and figure things out for him."  Elijah walked to the door, but with my vampire speed, stopped him before he could leave.  "Wait.  I want to come with you."  I said.  Elijah gave me a small smile.  "Fine.  Let's make haste."  "And leave me to reorganize the house?'' Rebekah called after me.  I turned.  "Sorry Bekah.  I'll help you when I come back.  I promise."  Rebekah let out a little huff.  "Fine.  But be back soon.  I want to know what is bothering our brother so much that is has driven him back here."

***********************************************************************************************************