New Friends...and Boyfriends?

It's been about a month since Elijah came back.  And it's been pretty good.

Marcel and Klaus were best friends again and all of us, including Hayley, were allowed in town.

Marcel and Hayley met, and he is ok with her being here.  

Klaus was also still trying to get Davina from Marcel.  He didn't bother going to pay Davina a visit because he wasn't in the mood to take risks.  He was being very secret about the whole thing.

Matt and I frequently went on dates and we became closer each time.  I was really starting to fall for him now.  I really really liked him, and this was the first time I really loved someone after Alexander.

Well one morning, after I spent the whole night listening to Klaus talk about how much he wanted Davina, I decided to see her for myself.  Go and talk to her, and figure out her whole life story.

I walked down to St. Annes church and went up the two flights of stairs to the attic.  I opened the door.  Surprisingly, it wasn't locked.

Davina was drawing on an easel, scribbling furiously.  

I cleared my throat and she looked up.

"What are you doing here? "  She asked.  She studied me.

"You're one of the Originals, aren't you?"

I stepped in her room.  "Yes, I am.  But it's ok.  I'm nothing like Klaus.  I don't kill people unless it's really an emergency. My brother Elijah and I control our blood lust, so we don't usually feed on people."  

Davina nodded.  "Well, why are you here?  To bring me to Klaus?" 

"Of course not.  I just want to know your story.  Your background."

Davina looked unsure. 

"I came here on my own.  Nobody sent me.  If you want, I won't tell anyone about this conversation."  

I smiled.  

"Fine.  I guess we can talk."  

She put her pencil down, went over to the door, and shut it.

"So, what do you want to know?"  

I went over and sat on her bed. 

"Your whole life story.  And why you ended up with Marcel."

                                                                                             *

So Davina began telling me her story.  

She was a 16 year old witch and she lived with her parents in New Orleans.  Every year, the elder witches (or elders) of the town had a harvest ritual.  The elder chose the 4 strongest witches, one of them being Davina.  

"The elders said that our participation in the ritual would give our family health and strength.    But they lied.  All they ever really wanted was more power.  So I fled before they could get it.  But now time is running out for them.  After the harvest, comes the reaping.  If the harvest isn't completed, there won't be a reaping."

"What does it take to complete the ritual?"  I asked.

Davina paused for a minute.

"I have to die."

                                                                                               *

"What do you mean you have to die?"  I asked.