Reunited

Klaus's little plan really worked.  He fed Tiary his blood and Tiary healed.  

Marcel was so grateful, that he agreed to give us Elijah back.  He didn't say anything about giving Davina to Klaus, so Nik was a little frustrated at that.

Marcel would give Elijah to us, and Klaus would go get him tomorrow.  

I smiled.  Elijah was coming back to us.  

Back to me.

                                                                                                *

The next morning, I woke up early.  I could barely wait until Elijah's return.

I went downstairs.  Rebekah was pouring herself some Scotch.  Hayley and Klaus were nowhere to be found.  

"where's Nik and Hayley?"  I asked Rebekah.

"Hayley's still sleeping.  Klaus is out with Marcel."  She took a sip of her Scotch.

A feeling of excitement went through me.  Elijah was coming home.

Hayley arrived in the kitchen. 

"What's this I hear about Elijah?"  She asked.

"Elijah will be home today!"  I said to Hayley.

She smiled and her rosy cheeks were even rosier.  

Rebekah straightened up.

"I'm going to get some breakfast."

By breakfast, she meant to go feed.

"You want anyone?"  She asked me.

I shook my head.  

"Ah, right.  I forgot you and Elijah controlled your blood lust.  Well, I'll be back in a jiffy."   As soon as the door shut, I turned back to Hayley.  

"You hardly know Elijah, yet you miss him.  Why?"  

Hayley shrugged.  

"He was kind to me.  I needed someone, and Elijah was there, whereas Klaus wasn't."  

Hayley was right.

"Well, he'll be home soon, God bless.  So let's tidy up the house for his arrival."

                                                                                              *

Rebekah came back, but not Klaus.   "Where the hell is Nik?"  I grumbled as I settled on the couch with one of the old books from the library.   

"He should have been home by now.  We can wait.  Don't want to end up like Elijah with a dagger in the back when you don't follow Klaus's rules."   Rebekah answered.

So Hayley, Rebekah, and I all sat around idly in silence, waiting for Klaus and Elijah.

                                                                                                    *

Hours passed and it was almost nighttime.   Rebekah sighed.  

"I'm getting some more Scotch.  You want some Tessa?"  

I nodded. 

She got up and went over to the little table where the whiskey, bourbon and Scotch was and poured two glasses.  

Hayley and I went over to her. Hayley  watched as I guzzled the alcohol.  

I looked at her.

"Would you like some?"  I asked.

She shook her head. 

"I'm pregnant remember?"  She rubbed her rapidly growing baby bump.

"Right."  

Just then the door swung open.  It was Klaus.  Just Klaus.

"Nik!"  I said.  "Where is-"

Elijah came walking in behind Klaus, cutting me off.  

"I'm right here."    Elijah smiled at me. 

I beamed and ran to him.

I hugged him tightly.  

"Oh. Oh Elijah."  I said, sighing with relief.   "You're safe."  

I let go and looked up at him, grinning.

"Elijah. You had me worried sick."  Rebekah came over and hugged him quickly.  

I breathed out loudly.  

"Well, now your back and your first plan is to kill Niklaus."  Rebekah smiled jokingly. 

I looked at Elijah.  He was looking at Hayley.  Hayley smiled somewhat mysteriously and walked out of the room.  

Elijah turned back to us and kissed Rebekah and I on the forehead. 

"Please excuse me.  Just a moment." 

And he followed Hayley outside.  

Rebekah looked confused.  

"Where's he going?"  She asked.  

I tried to hide my smirk.  

"To go follow Hayley, why else?"  I said.  

I went out after them.  I needed to hear this.

                                                                                                  *

I pressed flat against the wall.  Hayley and Elijah were standing outside on the back porch.

"You're back."  Hayley said.  

"I'm back."  Elijah answered.

I felt and awkward silence so I peeked my head around and looked out the door.  

Hayley raised her hand and slapped Elijah in the face.  Hard.  

I gasped.   Hayley looked in my direction.  I hid behind the wall again so she wouldn't see me.  

"Don't make promises you can't keep."  Hayley said and walked away around the house.

I looked at Elijah.  He held his hand to his face, looking stunned, not mad.

I think I knew where this was heading. Elijah liked Hayley, and Hayley liked him.  She was depending on him to protect her, but then he was gone.  And by the way Elijah looked at her just before, it was pretty obvious.   

And Elijah really only loved two people and since we were so close, I could tell when he was starting to adapt feelings for another girl.  

I shook my head and laughed as I walked away.  I was just happy Elijah was home.  This is where he'll stay.  

 ************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys!  I kind of had writer's block for this chapter but I hope you guys like it!  How do you like Elijah coming back?  Do you think Klaus will get Davina?  Comment below and don't forget to vote!  Happy Reading!