Matt

I grabbed Elijah and pulled him outside.

"What's this about, Tessalynn?"  He asked.

I sighed.

"I want to love again Elijah.  I really do.  But I'm just afraid. I don't things to go like they did with Alexander.  Matt tried to kiss me today.  And I walked away.  And I really like him."

Elijah was quiet for a moment.

"What happened with Alexander is in the past.  You have to forget about it and let it go.  Love now.  It's your time.  Don't be afraid."  

I grinned.  I guess Elijah was right.

I knew just the way to win Matt back.

                                                                                             *

The next evening, there was another beautiful sunset. 

I walked over to the compound (or Marcel's compound), went up the stairs, went past a couple of rooms, and knocked on Marcel's room door.  

He opened it and smiled widely.

"Tessalynn! What can I do for you?"

"Evening Marcel.  I was wondering if I could use your top floor outdoor balcony for a couple of hours."

Marcel smirked.

"What for?"

I flushed.

"It's for a boy."  

Marcel nodded knowingly.

"Ah, so you want to impress him.  I see.  I guess you could use it, since you were nice to Davina."

I smiled.

"Thanks Marcel!"

                                                                                                  *

I pulled out my cell phone and texted Matt.

Come to the compound on Dauphine Street.  Top outdoor balcony.

Anxiety grew inside of me. 

Would Matt come? 

You could see all of New Orleans from here.  The buildings and the skyline were-

"Beautiful right?"  Matt's voice made me jump.  

I turned around.

"Yeah. Really pretty."  

I looked back at the sunset.

The round orange sun was sinking behind a French Quarter building and the sky was gold and purple. 

I took a deep breath and faced Matt again.

"Look Matt, I'm really sorry about yesterday.  I was just nervous and someone broke my heart a while ago and I really like you and I wanted to make it up to you because I know you like sunsets and I'm sorry, I'm just scared-"  

"Oh shut up already."   Matt snarled, as he walked towards me and put his lips on mine to make me be quiet.  

He was kissing me.  Matt was kissing me.

His kisses were soft and quick at first, then they got deeper, hungrier.

His hands were on my waist and he pulled me closer to him so our bodies were touching.

Our heads tilted just the right way as we kissed and I put my hand through his hair.  

His hands slid down to my lower back and I shivered.

We pulled away breathing heavily.

I looked into his blue eyes while he looked into my brown ones, our foreheads touching

"Are you scared now?"  Matt whispered.

I blushed and shook my head.

"Not one bit.

 **********************************************************************************************************

Hey guys! I'm back! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!  It's getting so good, you all are going to love the ending!  Well comment and vote, and of course, READ! Happy Reading!