Chapter 11

"Hey Dad." I said turning around.

"Hey kids. Why are you throwing our pillows?" He asked calmly.

"Well Ethan wanted to kill me but seeing as I'm his baby sister he would only throw a pillow at me." I explained

"No I was sleeping you wouldn't leave me alone." Ethan argued.

"Okay stop! I don't care who started it. Both of you will stop or I can ground you both." He reprimanded.

"Fine." We both said clearing out the mess.

Rose came down the stairs just waking up. She made grabby hands at me. I got up and picked her up rocking back and forth. Then the front door opened.

"Hey family!" A voice announced. Veronica came in.

"V, you don't live here." Ethan pointed out. She looked at me.

"Eva you said I could live in your closet!" She said while putting on fake tears.

"Mom V is here." Ethan told her walking away from us.

"Veronica don't your parents worry about you?" Dad asked walking down the stairs.

"As long as I tell them where I'm at and come home by the time street lights come on they are okay." She explained with a cheeky smile. Her parents are Kevin and Danielle Jonas.

"Come on let's go finish our homework." I said. We both took out our Spanish stuff and looked at our phones.

"I think we did a good job." I said.

"Enough for a break?" She asked. We started playing on our phones. They were snatched away.

"You guys didn't even attempt to start." Dad pointed out.

"Yes we did. We took our notebooks and books out." I retaliated.

"You aren't getting your phones back until you either finish or do half of the work." Dad to,d us while walking away with our phones.

"Fine now I guess we do need to get this started for the sake of our phones." I said taking charge.