Chapter 35

It's been a week after the wedding. We are homeschooled to help make it easier on us. I have another dance coming up and I'm pretty excited. I love dance and it's my passion. I'm supposed to be dancing to a song that really does hit home. I know Roxy loves me for me and even though I feel ugly sometimes she's there to help me and lift my spirits up. This week my dance is dedicated to her. Right now my mom is helping me get my costume. It is supposed to be plain grey to make it seem not that glamorous. Once we get it I needed to practice. My solo was later today and of course I wanted to win, but if I didn't I wasn't going to cry about it. I went to my bedroom and started practicing in front of my mirror. Ethan came in and hid in my closet.
"Ethan what are you doing?" I asked a little curious.
"Shhh....Rose is looking for me we are playing hide and seek!" He said closing the closer door. I rolled my eyes just as Rose came in.
"Hey Eba is Etan here?" She asked cutely. I shook my head.
"No I didn't see him." I said lying and did a spin.
"Are you sure?" She asked skeptical.
"Yes Rose. Why don't you watch Paw Patrol?" I asked trying to usher her out the room.
"Because mommy said the t.v. don't work so I got to play instead." She explained.
"Well why don't you help mom in the kitchen?" I asked. She smiled and nodded running downstairs.
"Eva hurry up and get ready for the dance competition!" Mom yelled up the stairs. I quickly got ready after kicking Ethan out of my room. I went downstairs where mom was waiting for me. We walked to the car and she dropped me off at dance.
"I'll be watching you. Just try your best, if you don't win don't be too hard on yourself; there's always other competitions." She said and gave me a hug and kiss as I went backstage to get ready.
"Number 505 the dance entitled 'Young and Beautiful' this is Evangeline Payne." The announcer introduced me as I walked on stage. The music started and I danced. When I dance I escape to what I call my eye in the hurricane. Where nobody is famous and all that counts is my dancing. I can do what I please for the three minutes I am dancing. Once the music stopped I was snapped back to reality.
"Thank you that was 505 Evangeline Payne." He said and I walked off stage.

It came to the awards ceremony. All the dancers sat on the stage and waited as the top five were named.
"In fifth place is number 607 'pretty in Blue'. In fourth place number 510 'raining men', in third place number 301 'Salem', in second place number 504 'witch craft', and finally give it up for first place number 506 'Colors of the wind'." He announced. I didn't place, but that's fine. I'm going to stay positive. I did my best and that's what counts. We all bowed and left for home.