Prologue

Copyright © 2014 Revy R

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the publisher or author, except in the case of a reviewer, who may quote brief passages. Any infringement is punishable by law.

Prologue:

Stories of fairytales and romance were never told in my house, I was told of bloody battles and war. My father was an enforcer wolf, and he never let me forget it. As I grew older, the stories became stronger. More detail was given, and I just learned to swallow the gory details.
    My mother had tried to convince my father, that I would never see such horrific things. But he refused to believe that, saying it was better for me to know, then to have the shock of seeing it. Now that I had been warned of things, that could or couldn’t be I just laid them to rest.

    With my fathers training, I was stronger then most of the boys my age. Without friends to hang out with, he pushed me more and more. As time grew on I began hanging out with older wolves, finding their company to be more rewarding then the benign things my age group talked about. Mother had said to me, I was a head of my times. That I wasn’t acting in my age group, and should have more friends my own age.
    For her I was still just a baby girl, to my father I was the son he wasn’t going to get. Now as I wait for the elders to come, and give me the blessing of having my wolf I feel nothing. These people I sit with, feel like nothing. Maybe that’s why, he doesn’t want me.