Chapter 5

Someone coughed behind me, looking over my shoulder I couldn’t tell who he was. His frame was large, strong with a powerful scent. His face was covered with a blue mask, but the stunning electric green eyes took my breath away. Blonde hair spiked out, threatening to be as sharp as it looked. His hands were tucked into blue slacks, while a tight blue shirt had its sleeves rolled up.
    “May I?” He asked, in a sultry deep voice. Taking up a rock, he skipped it clear across the pond.
    “Show off” I mumbled, dropping the last rock I had. His body heat invaded my personal space, as he took a seat next to me.

    “No, just had to much time doing that” Keeping an eye on the water, the other on me.
    “So what are you suppose to be?” Changing the topic.
    “Does it matter?” Sounding amused. Smiling I shook my head.
    “No not really” Tucking a piece of hair behind my head.
    “What about you” Poking a black wing.
    “Fallen angel” Shrugging. He leaned forward, resting his forearms of his legs looking up at me.
    “And where did you fall from?”
    “Does it matter?” Playing along.
“Yes, I would like to be there next time”
    “Why?” Raising my brow.
    “So I can catch you” Giving me an award winning smile. Blushing I tried to hid my face, I’d never gotten a complete before.
    “Cleaver” I resorted, trying to hid my face.

“I thought so” Leaning back. The silence flooded us, as the fireflies danced around.
    “So angel, where you from?” Tilting his head to the side.
    “River stone” I answered, his eyes sparkled as he grinned.
    “You don’t say” He sounded way more delighted, about my pack then I felt.
    “Why where are you from?” Cocking my head to the side, he was about to answer when Jex yelled out.
    “Shit” I whispered. Looking as he was crossing the court yard. My eyes turned back to mystery man.
    “Hey, could you cover for me?” He looked surprised, but nodded.
    “Thanks, I owe you” Quickly getting up, I ran into the woods.

~Unknown~

The noise was more then I was willing to deal with, heading outside I leaned against one of the many baloneys. As I did so a beauty in black, rushed out on to a near by baloney. Her black wings, shimmered off the light from the ball room. She looked worried, but that didn’t stop her from jumping over the edge of the railing. Spinning around I watched as she, hit the ground and pushed herself up against the wall.

    A few seconds later Alpha Jex walked out, looking around he seemed frustrated. Perhaps she was in trouble with him, or he wanted to dance with her. I was under the impression he already had a mate, so what was he doing chasing this beauty. As he headed back inside, I waited noticing she stepped out of the shadows. Heading into the court yard, down by the pond.  Jumping over the edge myself, I followed a good distance behind her. Those black wings caught the moons rays, as did her short skirt.

    Sitting on a bench she flipped rocks over the smooth, waters surface. As not to startle her, I coughed announcing my presents. Her wolf didn’t seem to be, in her and this was interesting in its self. Not only that but her ring finger, was bare as the black gloves framed where one should be. Flicking a rock, clear across the pond she pouted in the most adorable fashion.
    “Show off” She mumbled, causing me to contain a laugh. Sitting down next to her, I caught the smell of lemons and mint. Her sultry grey eyes, reminded me of someone. Finding it hard to resist, I asked what she was. Her answer was simple.

    “Fallen Angel” My heart tugged, why would you pick such a sad costume. Special being as stunning as she was, I would of thought she’d of gone with a angel, or fairy. Her answers continued to show her sadness. When I asked where she fell from, she seemed to break a little more.
    “Does it matter?” Those eyes, so deep like a never ending pit. It took everything I had not to hold her.
    “Yes, I would like to be there next time” Giving her a smile.
    “Why?” her brow rose.
    “So I can catch you” Her eyes widened, as she hid the beauty of her blush. A few more words, before I felt the need to know where she was from. Her answer delighted me.

“River stone” It had to be her, the girl from the woods.
    “You don’t say” Everything in me was jumping, for joy. After I had returned to my Alpha, and spoke of the girl in the woods. All he wanted to know was her name, what she looked like and where she was. Several times he had wanted to go to her pack, looking for her. But without any information on her, he thought it would be unbecoming of an Alpha. It was the first time, he had ever taken any interest in something other then work. I had silently vowed to find the girl once more, for his sake. And here she was, sitting inches away from me.

    As I was about to answer her question, Alpha Jex showed up. She freaked, and quickly stood up. Looking at me with pleading eyes, I agreed to help her. Honestly I wanted to know, what he wanted from her anyways. But before she left, I linked my Alpha.

~I found her~ I sounded like a child at Christmas.
~Found who, Kem?~ Huffing, he hated these stupid parties.
~The war bear girl, she’s here~ There was a pause, before he almost sounded excited.
~Where?~
~She went into the woods, trying to get away from her Alpha. She’s wearing a black angel outfit~
~Black angel?~
~She’s a fallen Angel~ rolling my eyes.
~Aww, good. See if you can’t find out what her Alpha wants with her~
~On it~

Alpha Jex came up to me, looking like a worn out youngster.
    “Have you seen a girl wearing black, with wings?” It was a trick question, he’d of seen her sitting with me.
    “Yes, but she left” Shrugging. He grumbled something, before nodding.
    “Did she do something wrong?” Poking for more info.
    “No” Walking away. Well that didn’t get me much. I watched as he headed back into the ball room, looking like a kicked pup. Once completely out of sight, a twig snapped making me look around. Standing between two trees, was the little angel. She smiled at me before walking the rest of the way.

    “Thank you” Motioning to Jex.
    “Your welcome, why was he looking for you?” Hoping she’d give me more info then he did.
    “No clue, but were not on good terms” Shrugging. Well that’s news, Alpha will want to know about that. Like clock work, he linked me again.

~Any info?~
~Yes, she’s not in trouble with her alpha. But she says their not on good terms.~
~Umm, bring her to me. Don’t tell her who I am. I don’t need her scared if me~
~Yes Alpha~

Smiling at her I held out my hand, she gave it a long look before looking up at me.
    “You did say you’d owe me right?” Chuckling.
    “Yes, I believe I did”
    “I’d like to introduce you to someone.” She nodded, taking my hand. Pulling it under me, we walked back into the ball room.