Chapter 35

“Well now….what have we here” Our heads spun around, to see a small army of Royals Lupus in the front. Morton growled at the man, he would kill him for hurting his mate.
    “Stay away from us” Ms. Fina hissed, ready to fight.
    “Aww Hello Sister, I see your still alive” Lupus gleamed, as Morton’s mate whimpered into his coat. To shocked to say anything Ms. Fina looked from Morton’s mate to Lupus, before roaring out.

~Fina~

    “Aww Hello Sister, I see your still alive” My eyes stung as I looked at the Royal and then at Morton’s mate. She cried hiding her face from Lupus, who was to busy smirking. That bastard locked his own sister up? What kind of monster would do such a thing. There wasn’t anyone to stop me, as I felt the rage build up. Everything that I stood for was screaming, just begging me to destroy this very man. Kicking off the stone wall, roaring out as my fist punched Lupus in the cheek.
    “YOU BASTARD!” Sending another punch at him, Morton growled at his members to stay back. He had dropped to the hard cold floor, as I sat atop of him pounding my fist into his body.

    “ASSHOLE WHO LOCKS THEIR OWN SISTER UP” Another hard pound, as I started to feel all the hate I had kept bottled up for so long. The lack of affection from my father, the snickers from my old pack, Jex rejection on the night of the ceremony, Pity from my pack as they over heard the rejection, all of it was boiling into my blood pushing my fist harder every time into his face. I felt nothing but hate, as blood covered my knuckles.

No symphony as his face began to heel, only to be pounded again. It felt like I was loosing my mind, he took Jackson away from me. He locked up his own sister, which caused Morton to loose hope that she would show up. All of this stung my eyes and burned my throat, causing me to chock out as I screamed more. The only reason my body stopped its assault, was because of the eerie cackle from an old woman that froze my very soul.

It seemed I wasn’t the only one who was frozen in their places, as the fog of black spilled out the last door I had managed to jar open. Most black mist like air pushed the door open, causing it to slam to the wall cracking a hinge. Morton backed away growling a little from the fog to the Royals, he felt cornered and wasn’t thrilled with trying to keep his mate safe with her on his back. Lupus’s face started to heal, giving him a better view of the witch.

Her long hair had braids and random objects like feathers and twigs tucked all over, her outfit to long for her old body. The same colors as before only they were layered and dirty, she still had the wrinkled face and impressionable eyes. Everything except a pointy hat and brow was in her position, giving me the shakes as her fog floated around her like bats.

    “It seems I have underestimated the little Heart” Looking at me, and my blood covered knuckles. Somehow I found my tongue, it seemed to have gone dry as it was plastered to the back of my throat.

    “I freed you, so I am good now right?” Worried she’d change her mind, like some of the stories say witches love to do.
    “Aye, you have kept your promise little Heart. You are free to go” Giving me a almost to perfect granny smile. My eyes flickered to Morton and his mate, would she let them leave with me.
    “Can my companions go with me?” Not that I would leave them, Morton had stood by my side.
    “I have no need for the two, you may take them” Waving her hand, as if she was already bored with the whole ordeal. Quickly I got to my feet, eyeing Morton to move. The Royal guard were frozen as we started to pass them, one by one.
    “Little Heart” The witch purred, causing my skin to crawl.
    “Yes?” Looking over my shoulder.

    “Best be hurrying, Hadar is shifting” She almost sounded pleased by this information, which made me shake with fear. They would inject him with silver, he’d ……die. Without another word I ran up the stairs, Morton and his mate hot on my heels.
    “Morton, tell Hadar not to shift yet. I need more time” He grunted as we ran through the halls, in the stupid maze of a castle.

    “God damn it where are we?” Grabbing my hair, and screaming out. Tugging at my shirt, his mate pointed to a hallway.
    “Go that way” Laying her head back down.
    “Okay” Nodding to Morton, who took off at a full run. She lead us through a long winding hall, which soon dropped into a large room. Sighing in relief as I saw the large door out, jogging down the long flight of black velvet carpeted stairs. As my left foot hit the bottom step, something tackled me knocking the air out of my lungs. Morton spun around snarling at the culprit, as his mate started to lift her head.

    “You aren’t leaving me” Lupus roared, pinning me to the floor.
    “Get off” Gasping as the air returned.
    “That bastard will not have a mate before me” Holding my hands above my head, as his other hand moved the shirts collar out of the way.

What is wrong with males these days……

    “Get off me, you crazy ass loony” Thrashing my feet around, as his weight pushed me to the floor. Before Morton could allow his mate to ease off of him, the front door banged open. The smell of pack wolves quickly over powered the smell of Lupus’s home, before one in particular took my breath away.

    “GET OFF MY MATE!” Whimpering under Lupus, I so wished I had pants on. His weight was lifted off of me, as the view of Jackson came to me. He was wearing cut off jeans, and nothing more. Holding Lupus by his throat, punching his face like I had. For a Royal, he wasn’t putting up much of a fight. As Jackson tossed his body across the room, breaking a grandfather clock in his path.

Standing on my own, I was well aware I wasn’t wearing a bra or panties. But that didn’t stop me from jumping into Jackson’s arms, as he turned around to catch me.
    “I thought you were dead” Crying into his neck, as his arms tightened around me.
    “Never Angel” His face was hot as we touched cheeks. Wolves passed as they scanned the area of other Royals, that needed to be dealt with. Jackson’s hands lowered a bit, till they cupped my behind and he froze.
    “Angel?”
    “Yea” Sniffling, as I leaned back a little to see his face.
    “Why aren’t you wearing any underwear?” His eyes started to shift a black color, as they watched my face.