Chapter 29

Grabbing a few things, changing as I slipped my cell and wallet into my back pockets. The light knock, was almost unheard of when I called for whoever to come in. Sam poked his head in, giving me a bright smile.
    “Hi” He chirped.

    “Hi” Pulling my hoodie over my head.
    “So I was wondering….” Eyes looking everywhere but at me.
    “Wondering what?” Stopping a foot away from him.
    “Wanna go out with me” He turned bright red, and waved his hands in the air.
    “That came out wrong, what I meant was…” Giggling at him, I nodded.
    “I know what you meant. What did you have in mind?” Pushing my hands into my pocket. Sighing in relief, he grinned.

    “I dunno, I just need to get out for a while.” Nodding, I so could use a change on scenery.   
    “Same.” Walking out closing the door, we walked down the stairs. Sam stopped giving me a unread look.
    “Do you need to tell…umm Alpha?” I think he was trying to figure out if I knew or not. Which should of already spread like wild fire around the pack.
    “No, why would I?” Blinking. Sam looked at the closed door to the Alpha’s office, before nodding.
    “Ready?” Grabbing a set of keys.
    “Yup.” Heading out the door, to one of the packs many open cars.

~Jackson~

To hear from my Beta this early in the morning, was not how I wanted to start my first morning with Fina. She had finally calmed down enough, to see reason. Having her in bed with me, proved to relax me to a deep slumber….for the first time.

Alpha Serge eyed me, while he quickly turned his attention to her. Keeping my growl to myself, I watched as she sent me a light smile. Had she heard me. Serge stepped to me, smirking like the devil himself.
    “So she knows?”
    “Yes” Short tone with a hint of mind your own business.
    “Wonderful, then I wont have to walk on egg shells anymore.” Laughing it off, as it I just didn’t send him a death glare.

    “Office?” Folding my arms, waiting to find out why he was back so soon.
    “Yes” Following me, he closed the door. Taking up a seat in front of my desk, as I sat down.
    “Have you received the email?” He asked. My brows knitted, what email.
    “No, not to my knowledge” Tapping the mouse. He nods, keeping his eyes some place else.
    “I figured as much” His under tone, was starting to irate me. The computer came to life, as I typed in a password unlocking it. Checking through my email, I found what he spoke about.
    “When?” Looking over at him.

    “Yesterday, they want a meeting.” Sounding more like a bored child.
    “It seems to be short notice, any reason why?” Pushing the mouse away.
    “My sources seem to think, they our interested in finding out what everyone is been doing. They also have suggested that Alpha’s be on best behavior” leaning his arm on the chair, to support his head.

    “Best Behavior. What are we children?” Scoffing.
    “It seems so. Apparently they our in town now, but are waiting till tomorrow to show themselves. But we both know that never stops them from, snooping around” Serge was feeling the same pressure I was at this point, the conversation about the Royal council was not something you took lightly.

Maybe more so for me, as my family had a nasty history with the Royals. Even though it was not my fight, the Royals had made it so. Claiming that I was just as bad as my forefathers, and would be closely watched. This posed a bigger problem, since the Royals knew I wasn’t to be given a mate. If word were to get out that Fina was mine, who knew what they’d do.

Fear for the first time in my life, spiked a stake through my heart. They could potentially take her away, making it so she could never see me again. Just thinking of her being taken away from me, changed the fear to anger. Gripping a pencil it snapped, causing Serge to raise a brow.
    “Worried?” A hint of amusement.