Chapter 17

~Fina~

After the last little message, I closed the cell and drove. Sam was quiet, a little to quiet if you ask me.
    “So Sam” Trying to strike some kind of conversation.
    “Yes Lu…Fina” Coughing, I turn slightly to him.
    “How long have you been at the Green wood pack?”
    “I was born here” Nodding I turn down another road.
    “What’s the Alpha like?” His lip twitches, before rubbing his hands on his jeans.
    “He’s..aww. Great. Tough and intimidating but, still great.”

    “Sounds like a good Alpha” His cute smile, is matching the look in his baby browns.
    “Yes, he’s a very good Alpha” The conversation comes to a halt, when I can’t think of anything else to talk about.
    “So what are you getting your mom for her birthday?” He asks.
    “Not sure, she likes to garden. So I thought something like that would be good.”
    “Sounds like my mom”
Oh yea? I bet they’d have a blast talking about pansies and tulips.” Sam laughs, showing me a short cut to the mall. Parking the car it gets a few looks, as we head into the glass double doors. The sears department is full of clothes, jewelry and perfumes. Sam sneezes as we walk thought the over stuffed isles of women scents.
    “This place give me a headache” Sneezing again.
    “Were almost out, come on” pulling him along. The main part of the mall opens up, as we head to a different store.

Finding a really cute store with all kinds of flower items, I walked in picking out a few things. I wanted to make my mom a basket, of all her favorite items. It was the best thing I could think of, and with her birthday being right around the corner I wanted to get this done. I’d have to ask Jackson if I could give it to her myself, or else it would have to be mailed in the next few days.
    Another bag and we were off to the book store, passing FYI, and old navy. The large cheesecake factory puffed out the smells that made my tummy growl, but what I was really in the mood for was a cheese stuffed pretzel.

    “Sam you want one?” Pointing to the cheese filled wonder.
    “Sure, I can always eat” Rubbing his stomach. Ordering two I handing the woman some money, as I handed him his pretzel.
    “Where to next?” Taking a bite.
    “I need to go into the book store.” Pointing to the store down the ways.
    “Okay, any place else?”
    “Umm no. That should do it” Nodding he picked up a few of my bags, as we walked eating are wonder. The high pitched laugher of a female, makes my blood turn to ice. Sam stops looking over his shoulder, as my lip twitches in an aggressive manor. Feeling my fangs starting to protrude, I shaking my head.
    “Fina, you alright?”

    “Yes, on second thought lets just skip the book store” As I catch a glimpse of her sitting with Jex in the coffee shop inside the book store. My nostrils flare, as I can’t believe my damn luck.
    “Fina?” Sam whispers, trying to figure out what’s wrong with me. But I’m in a whole other world, as everything starts spinning and going dark. I loath that man, he’s nothing but a spineless snail. Huh do snails have spines….not the point.

    “Sam get me out of here…now” Turning slightly to the poor bugger.
    “Right” Snaking his arm around my waist, he pulls me around heading back the way we came. Her voice is like nails on a chalk board, along with his stair at her. Tears start to burn the back of my eyes, as my throat goes dry horse. Why wasn’t I good enough to look at like that? Why her? The ripple effect starts, as the pain of the rejection stings all over again. But I have no answers as to why, or what made him to what he did. Just the unknowing is painful enough.

    Before I know it were at the car, and I hand Sam the keys. I can’t think straight, while I’m like this. And for now it would be best if he drove, I need to think to clear out the cob webs from hell. His eyes linger on me before starting the car, and pulling away. The car is parked as I get out grabbing my items, a quick thank you to Sam along with an apologue as I shuffle to the house. Closing my bedroom door, I lock it as my body drops to the floor. The pain is almost to much, as I clutch to my heart. It had been one thing to be rejected, it was another to see him with her.