Chapter 32

Like Jackson planned the giant followed me around, careful not to hit me or squish my smaller body. Grabbing a few things from the fridge, I looked at him. He had put himself in the middle of the kitchen, were he could not only get to the exits but to me as well.
    “You hungry?” He turned a little, but didn’t say a thing.
    “You know I make a really mean sandwich.” Wiggling my brow, again I watched as his lips twisted but no words came out.

    “I’ll just make you one” turning back around. For the first time ever I had someone who never spoke a word, he just stared at me or looked around to see who was near. I had made him a few sandwiches incase he hadn’t had anything yet. Taking them along with some soda’s upstairs, he followed closely behind me. With my hands full I couldn’t open my door.

    “Umm could you get that?” Nodding to my door. Nodding he opened it, and allowed me to walk in.
    “You can come in if you like, I just have to work on an art project” Entering into my room, closing the door lightly for such a big man. Placing the food on a table, in front of my couch motioning for him to sit. Slowly he came sitting next to me, looking around my room for introducers.
    “Relax, no one would be stupid enough to break into my room.” He grunted, which would be the right sound he’s made since meeting me.
    “Here eat” Sliding the most of the food over to him, along with a soda. When I stood up so did he, frowning my hand hit my head.

    “Chill, I’m just grabbing my sketch pad. Sit” Pointing back to the couch. Taking the seat again, never looking away. Grabbing my pad and a few pencils, I took my seat back up. In between drawing I ate and drank, Morton did the same only his was looking at me.
    “I’m really sorry you got stuck babysitting me” Shading in a tree. I knew he was watching me, so I continued.

    “Your probably one of Jackson’s best fighters.” Looking up his eyes shinned, as his lip twitched before taking a bite of sandwich.
    “If its any consolation, I feel really honored to have you at my side.” Morton bowed his head, allowing me to draw another tree.

    “Do you have a mate?” Switching to a thicker pencil. He shook his head.
    “Sorry. I bet when you find her, you’ll be a great mate” Taking another bite, I saw him hide the slight smirk. To say Morton was a reserved man, was understatement but I suspected he was also very smart and kind. If he really was one of Jackson’s best fighters, then he’d been school well and have the knowledge to go with his training.

Flipping my cell open I text Jackson, wondering a few things about my new body guard.

*Who is taking over when he needs to sleep? F*
* No one, he’ll sleep on the floor outside your door. J* My heart stopped.
*WHAT? No, at least let the poor man sleep on my sofa. F*
* I’m not fond of that idea. J*
* Tough shit. You should of though of that before giving him to me. I wont let a good man sleep on the floor, because you have issues. F*

*Fina it has nothing to do with my issues. Morton is for your protection, he would die for you. Which is exactly why I picked him. J* I frowned at that, I didn’t want anyone to die for me.
* Stupid reasoning, He sleeps on the couch, or I’ll make your life hell. F* I could almost hear Jackson growl, as he hit the send button.
*Fine. But you Owe me. J*
* No were even now. :P F* It took merely a few seconds, for me to see that Morton had gotten the information about sleeping on the couch.
    “Your welcome” Returning to my drawing.

~Morton~

Alpha had called him to his office, it was rare for Morton to go into such a room. He was just a fighter, the highest ranking fighter in Alpha’s group. At the door being opened, Morton say Ms. Heart. She was small, and wolf less which made him wonder. Alpha wanted Morton to guard Ms. Fina, with his life. Bowing to his Alpha he stared at her, causing the small woman to shift uneasily.

Morton was use to others doing this, he was rather larger and scary. The non blinking was an add bonus, but it seemed to creep Ms. Fina out. She was fiery with him, and caused him to capture the smile that threatened to slip. He’d never had that problem before, she was getting to him. To Morton this wasn’t really a hard job, all he had to do was make sure she was safe. It was a job for a lesser Fighter, but he wouldn’t argue with his Alpha.

Ms. Fina made him food, which he found interesting. He was hungry, but he’d planned to wait. Self indulging wasn’t his style, he’d trained his mind and body to wait till he was ready to give in. Entering her room, Morton looked around to find it was simple. She was simple, and rather sweet to him. Ms. Fina complemented him, Morton had never been complemented before and found it to make a part of him constrict. He was starting to understand why his Alpha picked Ms. Fina, she was different then most of the she wolves in the pack.

Morton got a link from his Alpha, saying he was to sleep on Ms. Fina’s couch as long as she was okay with it. Turning to Ms. Fina she smiled sweetly from her drawing, and with a happy voice made him want to smile.
    “You welcome” She smiled, going back to her sketch. Yup he liked Ms. Fina.

~Fina~

I was doing my very best to stay out of the Royals line of sight, but bad luck seemed to be following me as was the Royals. Jackson had gotten me into a very prestige school, which took up quiet a bit of my time. Morton was at my side almost always, and even proved to keep a College moron out of my hair. Turned out the school was known for rich children, and body guards were common. So Morton fit right in, I on the other hand felt like an ugly duckling.

Sam had become my best friend, as he’d come to school with lunch for me and Morton. A few days in and I was already having a great time, Jackson had to stay away from me. It was hard knowing he was right across the hall, but never being able to see him. He’d send me tones of texts but, that never fully made me happy. Sam had noticed, and I’m almost positive Morton new what I was feeling. But neither said a thing, my art was taking a told because of it. One thing was certain the Royals needed to leave.

It was a weekend which meant no classes for me, so as I sat in my room I just wanted to cry out loud. It had been days since I laid eyes on Jackson, and he hadn’t sent me any messages at all. Sitting on my window seat, book in head I quickly got up. Dropping the book on the floor, flinging my door open to startle Morton.