Chapter 16

~Kem~

With the coming stacks of paperwork, that never seemed to end Alpha was getting …..antsy. His eyes would trail to the clock, then back down to his work. Almost like he was waiting for a school bell to sound off, granting him permission to run through the halls ramped. Yesterday didn’t prove to be any less stressful, every time the words slaughtered mate would come up, he’d flinch. His eyes were tired along with many other things, but he never once made any indication he was done for the night.

    Conference calls kept flooding in by the dozens, alerting him to another attack. Now instead of having to hear about the many rouges we were fighting, it was more about the War bears. The creatures were multiplying, by the hundreds. Sitting in the office now, playing with the tab to my Styrofoam coffee mug I turned to see the door open. Alpha walked in looking…refreshed! His dark circles were gone, along with that begrudging look he had been sporting for the last week in a half.

He gave me a nod as he sipped casually at his black mug, before taking his seat at the head desk. The light fragrance of…Cherry Blossoms! Filling the room, making me turn to see if he to had noticed the pungent smell. The blank face he held was nothing new, however the slight smirk wasn’t something to be expected.
    “Alpha?” His head slow turns, nodding as if to say ‘speak’
    “ I was just wondering…is that Cherry..”

    “Kem I would advise you not to finish that sentence” Looking back down at his paperwork. Biting my tongue as I now understand, I nod. But my mouth gets the better of me.
    “Alpha?” He grunts, not bothering to look up this time.
    “I was just thinking it’s a very manly smell” His eyes set on me, as I try to keep mine down at the papers. With a snort he continues, shuffling his work around. Smiling to myself, I seriously can’t believe he didn’t try to kill me over that comment. Fina is starting to work on him, soften him up a bit. The heavy knock has us looking up.
    “Come in” Alpha bellows, as the door creaks open. Alpha Serge steps in, grinning like a fiend.
    “Good morning Alpha, Beta” Nodding to me.
    “Morning Alpha” Going back to my work.
    “What do I owe this unexpected surprise?” Alpha growls, sipping his mug.
    “Such a sour puss in the morning” Dropping himself in one of the two chairs, seated in front of the Alpha’s desk.

    “If this is about the bottle, I was going to have it shipped to you”
    “How very kind, but now you wont have to waste the postage” Grinning wildly, as his nose starts in on the air.
    “Is that Cherry Blossoms?” His eyes roll over to me, before back to the Alpha.
    “Serge I am busy, what do you want now?” Serge’s eyes narrow, before turning to me.
    “Is he always this hostile in the morning?” I shrug, not wanting to get in the middle of this conversation.

    “I’d advise you to leave my Beta alone, he’s not a pawn in your destructive game of chess. Now what is it I can help you with?” Rolling his fingers.
    “Aww always the charmer you are. Well since you put it that way, I was wondering if we might through a function.” Alpha’s eyes widen a bit, before he composes himself.
    “A function for what, exactly?”
    “Think of it like the holidays man a so Human’s have. Like Thanksgiving” Chuckling. Tapping the edge of his pen on the desk, Alpha leans back looking annoyed.
    “You want to have a thanksgiving?”
    “Sure why not? Good food, plenty of woman and drink. What’s not to love”
    “Is that the only reason?” Raising his brow.
    “Aw at lass you no me to well dear friend.”
    “Serge?” Snapping.

    “My sister is coming into town, and my dinning hall isn’t nearly as stunning as yours” Sighing heavily Alpha runs his hands through his hair.
    “Fine, but no one is to speak of my title. I don’t need Fina finding out before I am ready”
    “Aw yes, little Fina. Such a sweet woman, her and my sister should get along nicely.” Pushing off his chair, Alpha pulls out a bottle dropping it on the desk.
    “Pleasure doing business with you Hadar, always a pleasure.” Rolling his eyes, he nods.
    “Beta Kem, charming as always” Nodding.
    “Have a good day Alpha Serge” Opening the door, he pauses and turns around.
    “Oh Alpha one more thing” Raising his head, Alpha glares.
    “What?”