My Sick Day

I woke up that morning, feeling absolutely terrible. Much to my displeasure. I groaned as I rolled out of bed, rubbing my spinning head and trying to gain control of what I was and wasn't seeing. The room stopped spinning and I could finally get dressed and ready for school. The day felt weird. I can usually tell when I'm going to have a good or a bad day, and by the fogginess of my mind and the pain I felt in my stomach, I could tell. This was going to be a strange day. On my end of things, at least. Getting dressed was a slow task, my favorite peach colored shirt, comfy black jeans, my black combat boots, then I pulled over my favorite batman sweater. I looked fine, auburn curly hair, big green eyes and light skin, a figure that my mother described as'perfect'. But inside, I was sick as all hell. But, all the same,my ride had arrived, so I grabbed my bag and stumbled out the door to get to school.

And...School was no better. I was sitting on the desk in my history class when another wave of dizziness hit me. I wobbled a bit.

"You alright?" I looked over to my friend, Branden.

"Yeah.I'm good. I think I'm sick." I gave him a goofy smile and he shook his head.

"Nellwyn, get off the desk." My teacher sighed for the hundredth time. In this small class of ten I had taken to sitting on the desk instead of on a chair. I let out a groan, letting him know I was going to continue to ignore him. "You're a very unorthodox child." He sighed, watching in dismay as I shifted to sit cross legged on my desk. I shrugged and gave him a smile, which he ignored. The class went on like that, we never did any actual work in there. So I slipped back into my seat, legs up on the desk, Branden laying on my shoulder as he looked up murders on reddit. I usually ignored him when he did that, he enjoyed showing these videos to the rest of the class though, I was never really interested in all that killing stuff like they were.

The bell rang and I dragged myself out of class, still feeling awful.

"Nell!"Branden had caught up with me. "You really don't look good." He said, just like him, worrying about me. No, we weren't in a relationship. If it wasn't for Stephanie, off at college, Branden would be my best friend.

"I'm alright." I promised, though it was a lie and he could tell. My vision faded and came back to me.

"You sure? You're... Wobbling." He said, setting a hand on my shoulder to steady me. My vision was fading bad now, almost going black each time. I could hear Branden's voice but it started to sound far off."Nell? Nell! Keep your eyes open, come on!" He was saying. I dropped my bag and rubbed my eyes.

"Yeah.Just a little sick... I'm... I..." And then I fell into Branden's ready arms, feeling myself start to pass out.

"Nellwyn!"Was the last thing I heard.

Until I woke up in the nurses office.

"Nellwyn?"The nurse was sitting next to me.

"Yeah? What happened?" I muttered, coughing and sitting up.

"You have a fever. But your father should be along soon." She nodded. I fell back against the bed. My father... I didn't want him to come. My mom, that's who I wanted taking care of me right now. Not some mean, old, business man.

"I need to go get my bag..." I muttered, remembering I had dropped it.Knowing the way Branden worries over me, he probably forgot to grab it in all his panic.

"Are you feeling well? I'm not supposed to let you go." The nurse said. I nodded.

"I can walk, I'm sure Branden has it. I know what class he has." I sat up again. The nurse stopped me.

"It's advisory, you weren't out that long. But you should lay down some more. I'll go get you some water, and a pill to bring your fever down." She said, letting me lay back down as she got up, nodding before heading off to her office.