An Adventure With Dean

Days had passed and Dean was hung up on looking for a way to rescue Castiel. There was no getting through to him. Beelzebub had left again and Sam was immersed in his laptop most of the time. And with Crowley no where to be found, I felt alone and, frankly, a little bored. So much so that I decided to do some research myself. The boys needed to get out of the bunker, and, even though he didn't say it,Sam agreed. This is why I was excited one morning when Sam came to Dean and demanded they work a case he found. Dean wouldn't budge,claiming he wanted to find a way to save Cas.

"Then I'll do that. You need fresh air, You need to get your mind off of this, Dean." Sam said. Dean just stared at him. Sam sighed. "Look,it's a simple werewolf case. You and Nellwyn go. I'll stay here and research on Amara and a way to save Cas." He promised. I looked at Dean, who returned my gaze. Then, after a moment of silence. He looked back to Sam and didn't say a word. I small smiled came onto my face, Dean was in.

Being on the road with Dean was a lot different than being on the road with Sam AND Dean. And by different, I mean a hell of a lot of fun. Not that Sam wasn't fun, but Dean really let loose when he wasn't around. Like some hyped up college frat boy. We played music too loud, and ate at fast food places; filling our selves up with processed hamburgers, salty french fries, milkshakes, sodas, and having delicious bacon cheese burgers for breakfast. It was going to be a nice two days on the road. At some point in the middle of the first, I shook my empty cup of soda and let out a sigh as the song"Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen ended. Dean glanced at me,something on his mind. Though I could tell he was hesitant about talking to me since I wasn't exactly a human. That and we haven't really had to spend time together like this. So I reached over and moved some CD's to look at them.

"Do you have anything by Kansas?" I asked. He made a face of slight surprise, reaching to grab a CD without looking.

"How do you know all this music anyway?" He asked, putting a CD in. I shrugged.

"My dad loved this stuff. I guess it grew on me." I smiled. He smirked as well.

"I know the feeling." He said, cranking up the volume.

For the first time I realized how much in common I had with Dean. Over the loud music we talked about dumb stuff we did as kids, how similar our dads were, minus mine being a demon. And I learned how much Dean actually cared about Sam and Castiel. They were his family. There was a small silence between one song and the next. He turned the volume down a bit.

"I don't think I've said... Sorry, to you." He said. I looked over at him.

"What for?" I asked.

"Your losses. It must have been hard. And Sam and I aren't exactly good guardians. Plus you're-"

"A monster?" I muttered, leaning back in my seat. Dean looked over at me.

"How long have you been staying with us?" He asked.

"I don't know. A few months." I shrugged.

"I feel like I know you a bit better than when we first met." He said, looking forward. I nodded.

"And?"

"And, you're not a monster." He said seriously. "I've seen monsters. You've seen monsters. You're not them." He said. I stared ahead.

"...What if I... Become like them?" I asked. Dean didn't say anything fora while.

"Then I'll kick your ass until you're back to being you." he promised.

I learned a lot about Dean. He wasn't just rock music and fast food and strip clubs. He was like the older brother I didn't realize I needed. We sat in silence for a little while before I leaned forward and turned up the volume, smiling at the song that played.