Highway to Hell

I woke up in a bed inside a room inside the bunker. I stared blankly at the ceiling for a while before deciding something. Whoever did that would pay. And I knew who did it, deep down. That guy, Crowley. I sat up in bed, with a new target to direct my anger and sadness towards.I let out a long, long breath. Everything had happened so fast. It wasn't a dream. There were monsters in the world, real ones. And one of them turned my life to ashes. It could have only been him,Crowley. I pulled the blanket up closer to me, moving it to wraparound me while not moving from my spot on the bed. In doing this,something knocked against my leg. I jumped a bit before reaching into the blankets and pulling out my bear. I stare at it. It seemed to stare back at me.

"Hello."I said, sitting it on my lap so it faced me. "I bet you're wondering where we are." I said, tilting my head as I watched the lifeless stuffed toy. "This doesn't feel like my room at all. It smells different too." I said.

I nodded the bear's head "yes" in response.

"I bet you were wondering why I was crying." I said.

Again,I nodded the bear's head "Yes".

"Well...Some monsters came to my house... Our house. They killed our family. And they made sure we didn't have a place to go back too. So we're all alone now." I said, feeling more tears coming.

So, I shook the bear's head "No".

"Yes I do have you. You were supposed to protect us." I stated, wiping my eyes.

I took the next blank stare and expected silence from this inanimate object as a way of saying "I'm sorry". So I relaxed my shoulders and sighed.

"It isn't your fault. I'm just happy you got out okay..." I muttered.Then, for the first time, that didn't make sense to me. "How...DID you get out any-" I was interrupted by the door to the room I was in opening.

It was Castiel, staring at me in both concern and confusion, and slightly embarrassed,I hid my bear with the covers.

"Castiel?"I muttered.

"Yes.Dean told me to watch over you." He said. I nodded. Angels watched over humans all the time. My mother told me so.

"Thank you." I said.

"I heard voices. Who are you talking to?" He asked. I tilted my head.

"Voices?No. That was just me." I assured him. "One voice."

"I heard someone else though. Are you sure you are safe?" He asked. I allowed a small smile.

"Yes Castiel. I'm safe." I said. He stared at me for a while.

"I am... Sorry.Your mother was a respected angel." He said. I felt a pang of sad happiness at that.

"Thank you..." I said. He nodded, then began to close the door again. I was assuming it was late still. "Hey... Castiel." I called,sliding the bear behind me so it was out of sight, out of mind for now.

"Yes?"He asked, looking back at me.

"Could you... Tell me... About my mom, I mean." I said, leaning back on the bed frame. Castiel thought for a moment. Then he nodded, entering the room fully,closing the door slightly behind him before sitting in a chair nearby.

"I can tell you what I have heard, and maybe some of what I know will be of help." He said.

"Yeah.I'm sure it will." I said, laying back.

"What would you like to know?" He asked.

"Everything." I said, feeling strangely peaceful while Castiel started the story of my mother with the words: