A Bad Time

It had been a few days since Dean allowed Beelzebub to live with us at the bunker. He taught me how to control my powers to some degree and it was... Nice getting to know him. He was actually very smart and a cool person to be around. He even helped Sam and I with research.Everything was going well, until one late night. I had my recurring nightmare that haunted me every now and then in the few months I had lived with Sam and Dean. I would run through my house, which was up in flames, reliving the sight of my dead family and I would wake up in a cold sweat. Tonight was one of those nights.

I shot up in bed, tears rolling down my face as I breathed heavily and checked the time. It was 3 am. I shook my head and rubbed my eyes,sniffling.

"Are you okay?" I jumped at Beelzebub's voice. He had entered my room again. I let out a long sigh.

"Beelz...We talked about this." I choked back a sob.

"You...Aren't alright." He tilted his head.

"No...No I'm not okay. I may never be okay." I told him. "But that...that's okay. Okay?" I looked him in the eyes.

"okay."he nodded. "Sam... He is still awake. You could go seek his company." He suggested. I nodded.

"Yeah.I think I'll do that. Are you coming with me?" I asked, slipping out of my bed.

"No."He said plainly. He usually had some strange reason for saying no tome. So I didn't ask this time as he disappeared from my room.

"See you..." I muttered into the empty space, going out to see what Sam was up to this late at night.

I peeked into the... Eating... Meeting... Researching... Room... Place.Sam was there, hard at work.

"Sam?"I yawned, he looked up at me.

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" He asked. I didn't answer. "Nightmares?" He asked knowingly. I still didn't respond. He nodded, motioning for me to have a seat.

"Beelz said that you were awake." I said. Sam gave me a look.

"When was he... Never mind... Maybe you can help me." He said as I pulled a book towards me.

"What's with all these ancient texts and bibles?" I asked. "Didn't we already look through all of them?"

"Yes. But God must have left... Something. Right?" he said into his books. I tilted my head looking at all of them.

"He...Did." I said, closing the bible I had. Sam looked up at me.

"What?"

"He left us. Well, you. Humans. Why not look at... Human history instead of lore and bible stuff." I suggested. Sam stared at me for awhile.

"Yeah...Maybe. Let's try that." He started closing books. "Even if it doesn't work, it's a refreshing change of pace." He offered a smile and walked off with a large pile of books, only to come back with another large pile. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded, taking a book and opening it.

"Ready."

I woke up laying on a book to the sound of Dean walking into the kitchen in the morning. Beelz was reading over something in the bible I hadn't put away before, seemingly hanging on every word of his father.

"What'd ya do? Sleep here?" Dean muttered, opening cabinets.

"She slept. I researched." Sam said, taking a sip of his coffee. Dean looked at him.

"Where's all the coffee?" He asked.

"I drank it." Sam said.

"We just bought a whole bag yesterday." Dean all but slammed a cabinet door closed.