Scream Like a Banshee

I think the trip to the case was the happiest moments I had had in the time since I was ripped from my normal life. It felt as if I was on a road trip with two older brothers. I sat in the back, Sam and Dean in the front.

"Pass me a beer." Dean would say. I would open the case and lecture him on drunk driving while I passed him one, to which he would toss the bottle cap back at me. Sam reached back and got himself a smoothie, I took one as well. Sam made great smoothies. Dean complained about the fact that we had emptied out a large percentage of the beer to make for the smoothies. Sam and I just laughed at him. When Sam was tired,we would do an awkward switch off. He would lay in the back and I would sit up front with Dean, both of us rocking out to his classic rock CD's. Sam woke up half way through "Highway to Hell",claiming that we were singing too loud. When Dean was tired, he would take the back and I would sit up with Sam and talk about books and music and school life. Stuff that he understood more than Dean could.And when I was tired I would nap in the back, listening to the brothers joke and laugh together and let their unusually lighthearted conversations soothe me to sleep.

The rest stop where we spent the night was awkward to say the least. Sam and I got left in the motel room when Dean decided a strip club was the best way to spend his night after Sam refused to go out with him.I had fallen asleep and woke up to Dean knocking on the motel room door. We both assumed Sam had gone off to the Impala before I had woken up, but that wasn't the case. I don't think I'll ever forget the amusement on Dean's face as he watched a girl climb out the back seat of the Impala, leaving Sam her number and calling me "a pretty young girl" in an awkward rush to leave. Dean made Sam sit in the back. I climbed in the front and Dean and I belted out the lyrics to "Night Moves" until Sam got over his embarrassment and joined us.

The next rest was just us pulling off to the side of the empty road we were on and parking for the night. Dean and I took the front since Sam was to tall to share the back seat with anyone. It was a calm night where we just talked. Sam fell asleep first. So I stayed up with Dean.

"You can go to sleep, Nell. I got watch." He yawned. I shook my head.

"Insomnia."I said, tapping my head. He raised an eyebrow. I shrugged. "Ever since I was a little kid." I leaned back.

"Ain't that caused by... Something in the brain. Something about a sleep schedule." Dean yawned again.

"I had nightmares a lot. So I never got much sleep." I chuckled. Dean scoffed.

"Amen to that." He joked, remembering his similar experiences. Probably.I wasn't sure, actually. So I asked.

"Hey...Dean?" I prodded his leg with my foot as he stared off into space.

"Hm?"He snapped his attention back to me.

"Why...Do you and Sam hunt monsters?" I asked. Dean stared at me, then up at the sky, remembering something.

"That's...A story for another time." He said, looking back to me. "Try and get some sleep." He nodded at me. I yawned and nodded slow, leaning back.

"Goodnight,Dean." I mumbled as I slipped away.

"Night,Nell." I heard, his voice getting far off. And I heard someone humming as I drifted off. It was probably Sam, or Dean.

I woke up to find that I had been moved to the back seat, Sam and Dean up front, talking about the case and how this was all going to work.Dean looked at me in the rear view mirror.

"You could pass for 20." He said decisively. I blinked.

"Excuse me?" I rubbed my eyes before I was hit with a wallet sized object.I picked it up. My photo, and a bunch of information that made up and FBI Intern ID card. I blinked. It didn't take long for us to go into a shop where I got a business like female power suit, and a holster where Dean allowed me to keep a gun. I looked up at him when we were all dressed up, watching Sam, in a similar suit to Deans,clean out the car. "So... We're playing FBI? Does this happen a lot?" I asked.