Fare Thee Well

I didn't want to waste any time. I didn't want to think about anything that had happened. I didn't want to talk about it. Dean saw this, he left it alone. Sam left it alone as well. We continued on as if it were the same. But it wasn't the same, and it never would be. I had a long talk with Dean before, about choosing my father. He said he would have done the same. He understood. It was okay, nothing was my fault. Sam gave the same little speech. Give and take a few choice words about their father that I finally had the chance to learn about. My side of both conversation was full of anger and new found resentment. Dean told me that wasn't good, to let it go. Sam said the same. But all I had wanted to do then was go work this case. They didn't argue, we got in the car and left.

Sam was looking at the news article still.

"She just inexplicably killed her husband... Then herself." Sam said with a sigh. Dean glanced over.

"So does this have anything to do with Amara or are we just after some demonic possession?" He asked. Sam shook his head.

"There's more." Sam said.

"Like what?" I asked. He looked back at me.

"Witness accounts from the night before report a fog rolling in. The victims wife was on duty and when she came home..."

"She was insane." Dean nodded. I sat back.

"What...Is Amara's fog?" I asked.

"I wish I knew, kid." Dean said.

"There's a few others who were affected.." Sam read down more.

"What is it?" I asked, leaning forward and looking over his shoulder.

"Amara's fog. A stronger version." Sam explained. I bit my lip.

"That's not good." I muttered.

"Nothing to do with Amara is good." Dean sighed as Sam closed his laptop and we continued on our way.

Sam and Dean and I drove into this town that looked like nothing had happened at all. People were still outside though, going about their days. I couldn't shake the fact that Amara's fog had been there.I still felt it in the air. I decided to stop looking out the window.

"The fog made these people go insane..." Dean muttered.

"At least it was at night. A large percentage of the town was inside."

"Why would Amara do this?" I asked. Dean and Sam were both silent. They didn't know. Why would they? I doubt even God knew.

"We'll go talk to the police, ask what they saw." Dean said.

"I think they're brushing it off as a... Crazy event." Sam shook his head. Dean sighed and sped up, heading straight towards the police station. I leaned against the window, looking anywhere but out at the destruction Amara had caused, no matter how minor. Just because they couldn't see it, didn't mean it wasn't there.

We parked.

"Alright." Dean passed around our badges and I dropped mine in my pocket. We got out the car and walked into the police station, Dean and I letting Sam talk to the woman at the desk, who was apparently filling in for sheriff.

"Normal night... Home early... Never knew..." Her voice faded in and out as I let my eyes wander around the room. I probably should have been paying attention. But I only snapped back to reality when Dean spoke up.

"We've been tracking this fog, people claim to have seen it before things like this happen. We wanted to know if that were true or not." He said. I looked forward.