The Calm Before the Storm

We came to the warehouse in the middle of an argument. From what I heard, Sam was going to take on something called the mark of Cain. I remembered hearing about that during a church service that I was much too young to stay in. I ended up in children's church before anything else was said. Rowena was the first to notice me.

"Hello wee one!" She smiled and waved. Both fake attempts at friendship,but I returned the wave anyone. She froze a bit when she saw Lucifer.

"Nice to see you again." He winked at her and she turned away angrily,leaving Lucifer with a satisfied smirk. Lucifer nodded his head."Crowley." He said plainly. Crowley sent him a glare. I exchanged glances with Beelz and went over to where Sam and Dean where.

"Where's Chuck?" I asked. Sam shrugged. Dean shook his head.

"He said he'd be here." Dean looked around. I nodded slowly, looking down. I felt a hand on my head. I looked up at Sam, who was looking at me reassuringly. "We're going to win." He said. I nodded.

"Yeah."

"We aren't the lose-chesters." Dean snickered. Sam glared at him and I stifled my own laugh.

Then there was a flash of light.

"Hello, my children." Chuck said as Sam, Dean and I walked over to the group. Crowley looked up at God with a hint of fear in his eyes. Rowena was in awe. The rest of us had seen him drink out of a coffee mug in a robe while watching television. We didn't buy into his theatrics.

"So what's the plan?" Crowley asked.

"Well, I think the humans should go first. You know, grunts in the front line." Lucifer chuckled. Sam glared at hi and he rolled his eyes.

"I...think the witches should go first." I rubbed my arm when Rowena looked at me in surprise. "Not because they would go down easy...But because Amara won't be expecting them to turn against her like this." I explained. Chuck nodded.

"Yes. Good." He looked around. "Rowena will summon Amara here... and launch the first stage of attack."

"The the demons." Crowley nodded. Chuck agreed.

"Nellwyn. I'll need you and Crowley to lead that attack. Because right after, the angels will use you as a vessel for a concentrated smiting." He said.

I blinked and swallowed hard, but before I could say yes, Dean pushed me behind him.

"Whoa what? We're not putting her on the front lines." Dean said.

"Dean's right." Sam stepped forward as well. Chuck looked at them.

"I know you care for her. But this is her story. She needs to play her part or it'll all crumble." He snapped, and I was at his side. "She can do it. She'll survive this. Don't worry." Chuck promised,putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "Beelzebub will have her back while he waits here with Lucifer to launch the fourth attack.Than I'll finish her off." Sam and Dean reluctantly agreed with this. I told Chuck I would try my best. We all sat in a silence for awhile. Sam and I sat on the ground, Dean stood near by. Lucifer and Beelzebub sat a little ways off. Crowley and Rowena stood apart at an awkward distance. Chuck was sitting, eyes closed, mentally preparing himself. Or tracking Amara. I couldn't tell. But, by the way he suddenly stood and opened his eyes. I assumed it was the second thing. "It's time." He said, and Rowena nodded, making her way outside the warehouse while I went to Crowley, ready for our queue.

 It was funny. 2 years ago I would be in school, taking a test. And now I was building up enough courage to lead the charge in what was now an all out war.