Dark secret.

Everyone was quiet at school the next day. They all seemed to be ignoring Aiden, and he knew why.

He saw Regan, and tried to confront her.

"Regan"! He called out to her, approaching her from behind. "What did I Do".

"You hit a man, then left him to die". Her voice was louder then he wanted it to be.

"KEEP!...keep your voice down".

"Why Aiden? You gonna run me over too"? She walked away, as he stared at her in anger.

(later In class):

Willow sat in her chair, looking off toward Mr.Campbell, trying to listen, but couldn't.

Yesterday replayed itself in her head, she could still hear the impact. She felt a migraine coming on, and asked to be excused.

Reluctantly, Mr. Campbell excuses her, and she walks out of the classroom, and to her locker.

She put her combination in, and got into her purse, and took out a bottle of ibuprofen, and took a couple. She forced them down with a drink of her water bottle.

She closes her locker, and sees Maddie standing there.

"Hey girl, what happened last night"? Her cluelessness still hanged on her, since she slept through the whole ordeal somehow.

"You really sleep hard. Aiden... Hit a man, then left him". Maddies confusion turns to utter shock, and terror.

"Do the police know"?

"Don't freak out". Her voice quivers. "No one does. Though it sickens me".

"What about Aiden"? Her expression deepens.

"I think it's best of we don't have nothing to do with him". Willow quickly walked away, as Aiden turned the corner. Maddie looked back, and she too quickly left the hall.